Chapter 13

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a good holiday. New Year's is right around the corner so I hope everyone is ready to make their resolutions. Sorry I couldn't update sooner but it's been a little crazy around my house. Anyway, the La Push gang gets to learn about Faye's past and what could be coming. Things are about to get a little crazy :) Get prepared!

Vote and Comment!!!!

********************************************************************************************

Seth’s POV

            I sat in the chair next to the couch where Faye was sleeping. Her breathing was back to normal after she had fallen asleep sobbing in my arms. Just the thought of her hurting made my heart clench. Once we had gotten her back to the house, Sam has sent everyone available out searching the grounds for what or who might have scared her. I could hear Emily bustling around the house, mumbling to herself. She had gone crazy when I came in the house carrying Faye. It took Sam a good ten minutes to calm her down.

            I sighed and moved a piece of hair that had fallen into Faye’s face. She always looked beautiful but there was just something different about her when she was asleep. She looked vulnerable…fragile. She liked to put on a brave face and even though none of us really know about her past, I was almost positive it wasn’t a happy one. Faye is strong. Maybe stronger than all of us.

“Seth, are you okay?” I heard someone ask behind me. I turned my head to see Leah standing in the doorway. She had come to help search the borders when she heard about the intruder.

I stood and led her towards the kitchen. I didn’t want to wake Faye up while we were talking. Carlisle had already been by and told us she didn’t have any injuries. She was just exhausted and her body needed to rest. Emily smiled at us when we walked in. She was scrubbing dishes which she always did when something had her upset.

“I’m fine Leah. I just want to know what happened out there and I have to wait for her to wake up,” I said taking a seat at the kitchen table. Leah took the seat next to mine.

“Sam told me what she said. Something about a pack that possibly killed her’s, right?” she said and I nodded. “I know you Seth. I know you are worried about this past that seems to be coming back to haunt her but she has all of us. Nothing is going to happen to her,” she continued laying a hand on my arm.

I tried not to think about it but it was nearly impossible. Once Faye had said someone was after her, my wolf was on high alert. He wanted to be out with the rest of the pack hunting down whoever threatened his imprint but there was no way I was leaving her. Of course she wouldn’t be alone but that didn’t make a difference. I would be here when she woke up. Leah was right though. I was slightly worried about Faye. I had no doubt that any of the pack would willingly fight for her. Ever since she came home with Sam and Emily those several weeks ago, she had become a part of this pack. There was nothing that was going to stop me from protecting her. I had just got her. I wasn’t going to lose her.