Chapter 22

OK so an update. The next part will be the epilogue!! I can't believe it's almost over. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote as well :)

Enjoy!!

*******************************************************************************************

Faye’s POV

Slowly, the Stark pack started to shift back. I averted my eyes, heat rushing up my neck. I kept my eyes firmly down until Seth nudged me that they were properly covered. I had an imprint. I didn’t need to see anyone else naked. Fredrick stood at the head of the pack. A few wounds covered his chest but besides that, he looked okay. I couldn’t say the same for his pack members. Doing a quick sweep of our side, I was happy to see that everyone seemed fine.

“Thank you for ridding us of that tyrant. We are in your debt,” Fredrick said stoically. It took us all by surprise. They were…happy that Keith was dead? What kind of pack would be happy that their Alpha was killed? Of course, looking at them now, they were an unusual group. No children. No women. All men looked back at us.

Sam and Jacob shifted back. Once again I covered my eyes. This time, I felt hands tug on wolf’s head. When I looked, I saw that Seth had shifted back to human as well. I smiled and licked his face. He chuckled at that and held up one of his shirts that would reach my knees.

I took it in my mouth and ran to the fastest tree. Seth followed but stayed in the yard. Behind the tree, I stopped for a minute. How do I change back? I panicked for a moment, thinking I was going to be stuck in wolf form but my wolf take charge. I took a deep breath and like when I shifted, I let the feelings just take over. Soon I was standing back in human form…naked.

Blushing, I quickly pulled the shirt over my head. Thankful for the coverage I peeked out from behind the tree. Seth was waiting with his back to me. I cleared my throat and he turned to look at me, an eyebrow raised as he openly checked me out. I pulled the shirt down as much as I could but he quickly took my hand in his.

Pulling me into a hug, we took the few seconds we could to be together. Just the two of us. He held me close, his face buried in my hair. I clung to him, my arms tight around his neck. The thought that I could be choking him crossed my mind but he wasn’t complaining so I didn’t give it a second thought. For the first time in the past few days, I felt my muscles relax. I was back with my pack. I was safe.

Sam’s voice broke us apart. Seth smiled at me and pecked my lips before turning back to the situation at hand, pulling me until we were back at the front of the group. “Not that I’m not happy that the fighting has ended, I’m surprised that you reacted this way,” Sam said, voicing everyone’s concern.