Chapter 21

Hello everyone!! An update is here. It would have been faster but I've been having really bad headaches and been super tired lately. Anywho, I hope you all like this! The story is coming to a close. We have one more chapter and then the epilogue. It's truly sad I know!

Vote and Comment!!

***************************************************************************

Faye’s POV

            Seth and Damien rolled in one big mass. I gasped as I watched. I no longer feared for myself but for Seth. Damien made a snap at Seth’s neck but he was able to bump him off in time to dodge it.

            It was like all the other shifters fighting around me just disappeared. My focus was solely on the two in front of me. No one else mattered. I stumble trying to pull myself up on my feet, never taking my eyes of my imprint as he fought viciously. I didn’t feel any of the former injuries that Damien had given me as I rushed closer to Seth’s side.

            He must have seen me coming because he quickly stepped in my path, guarding me from Damien’s angered eyes. I wanted to reach out to touch him, to let him know that I was there for him but he thought fast. Using one of his back paws, he pushed me to the side as Damien made a move to sink his teeth in his neck. He rolled backwards, sending Damien over the top and skidding across the ground.

            Seth gave me a look before charging at Damien. The look was clear. Don’t interfere or you’ll get hurt. I got up and brushed myself off. I managed to get a little closer but I had to stop. I couldn’t get too close or they could hurt me but I was fighting with myself.

            I wanted to help Seth. I needed to help him. I couldn’t let him get injured or worse because of me. This was not my pack and new family’s problem. Damien and his father had wanted me. I can’t just sit idly by and wait for them to possibly kill someone I loved. Not again.

            My breathing was becoming steadily harsher. My heart was beating fast, almost erratically. Faster than I ever thought possible. It was a sensation that I wasn’t familiar with. My body was uncomfortably achy and overly hot. It was like I was being baked from the inside out. A surge of energy went through my body and I had to bend over to keep myself standing. I placed my hands on my knees and tried to breath. What is happening?

            Another surge hit me and this time it brought with it pain. I bit my tongue as I collapsed to my knees. I felt like I was being clawed from inside my chest. It was suffocating me. I tore at the clothes that were on my body, the pain and heat increasing.  I was dying. That was the only thing my mind could process at the moment.

            Suddenly there was a crack and I let out a loud, bloodcurdling scream. I arched my back against the pain. The crack…it had come from somewhere in my shoulder. By this time, tears were flowing down my cheeks as I grabbed at the ground to give me comfort.

            I looked over at Seth who was still fighting Damien but would glance at me whenever he had a second. I knew he was worried. I could see it in his eyes and he didn’t know what to do. He had to keep fighting but he wanted to come to me and see what was wrong. I rolled until I was on my stomach. My vision was hazy as I looked around. Everyone was still fighting. Every once in awhile, Sam would try to come to me but a shifter would jump in front of him.

            My wolf howled in my head, the sound bouncing around my skull. I closed my eyes as a new feeling took over my body. It wasn’t necessarily painful but it definitely wasn’t pleasant. Just give in to it. You’re shifting, my wolf prompted. My hands turned to fists. It had been so long that I forgot how it felt to shift. I forgot the pain and fighting the barrier that had been put up was making it more painful.