Chapter 3

Hello everybody! It's been a little while since I updated but hopefully not too terrible of a wait. School has been killing me lately and I've only been able to write when I have free time on the weekends. Anyway, I hope you all like the chapter.

Vote and Comment!!!      Enjoy!  :)

*************************************************************************************************************

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy. My eyes were puffy from crying and I’m sure I looked a complete mess. I rolled over in bed to realize I was still in my room. They could have barged in last night but they didn’t. They let me have my privacy which earned them a point in my book. I still had on the clothes from yesterday so I decided to take a shower.

The clock blinked ten o’clock and I could hear people in the kitchen down the hall. As far as I could hear, it was just Sam and Emily. I quickly grabbed some clothes from my bag and went into the bathroom that was across the hall from my room. It was small but it would do. I looked around to find a towel. I finally found them in the small cabinet above the toilet.

The warm water instantly relaxed my muscles. I sped through taking a shower completely forgetting that there wasn’t a time limit here like there was at the adoption home. It took me a little while to decide what shampoo to use. I went with the most girly looking one since that probably belonged to Emily. Sam smelled fine but I’d rather not smell like a guy. I got out and towel dried off before slipping on some underwear, a pair of shorts, and a tank top. I just left my hair to dry on its own.

After dropping my dirty laundry in my room, I slowly walked down the hall toward the kitchen where I heard voices coming from. I peek my head around the corner and saw Sam standing with his back leant against the counter next to Emily who was cooking. They were talking in hushed tones so I couldn’t make out exactly what they were saying. They were obviously immersed in the conversation for them not to hear me coming. I took a deep breath before stepping into the room. I cleared my throat to announce my present. Sam looked over at me with a small smile. Sam was a quiet soul and I liked that very much about him. Emily was a totally different story. She whipped around and quickly ran to me, pulling me into a hug. I stiffened at her touch but that didn’t stop her. Soon enough she pulled away and held me by the shoulders as she looked at me.

“Faye, I’m so sorry about yesterday. We didn’t mean to scare you,” Emily said in a rush. I shook my head to get her to stop. She looked briefly at Sam who was watching us closely before turning back to me, waiting for me to say something.

“You don’t need to apologize. It wasn’t you guys. I, um, sometimes get flashbacks from the night my pack was killed. When it happens, I don’t remember where I am and just react,” I say shyly. I looked down at the floor. Now they knew how big of a screwed up girl they decided to adopt.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to talk about it. Whenever you are ready, you can tell us about you past but only when you say so, okay?” Emily said making me look at her. I gave her a small smile and nodded my head. She smiled in return. “So are you hungry? You didn’t eat anything last night,” she said. Before I could answer, my stomach did for m. A blush covers my face as Sam let out a little chuckle. Emily scowled at him and slapped him on the arm. “Don’t laugh at her,” she scolded which made Sam’s eyes go wide causing a giggle to escape me. They both looked over at me. I guess they had never heard me laugh or much of anything. It’s been awhile since I felt the need to laugh and it felt really good.