Chapter 12

Hello readers! Here is the next chapter. Some drama is about to begin so be prepared. Faye's past is going to catch up to her. I hope you like it :) Don't forget to comment and vote.

***************************************************************************************************

           Change…

            Change…

            CHANGE! I mentally screamed at myself as I squeezed my eyes shut for what seemed like the hundredth time. Once I reopened them, I looked in the mirror but my irises were the same color. Not even a yellow tinge was visible. I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed, falling until my back hit the bed.

            “Don’t worry about it Faye. I’m sure with more time around the pack and Seth your wolf will get stronger,” Emily said from my bedroom door. I turned my head to look at her as she walked into my room and sat in the chair near the window.

            “I know but it’s been almost two weeks since my date with Seth and my eyes changed. I just don’t understand why it won’t happen again?” I said propping myself up on my elbow and turn my body to face her. Ever since that night, I had been trying to get my eyes to change color again. I had been so excited and felt so connected with my wolf when it happened that I wanted to experience it for a second time. But nothing worked. Seth and I had kissed several times since then and even then, it didn’t work. And I thought that would be the one that did.

            “I don’t know what to tell you Faye. Carlisle is still trying to figure some things out. He calls Sam almost daily. We just have to wait until your wolf is ready or they find something,” Emily replied. She really wanted to help. I could see it in her eyes but no one could do anything about my “condition”.  I slumped onto my back yet again and stared at the ceiling.

            “Faye,” I heard a voice call though the house. My heart sped up at the sound and I knew immediately who it was. Even though I was slightly frustrated with myself, Seth always made me feel better.

            “In my room Seth,” I called back. I really didn’t need to yell. He would have heard me if I would have just spoke normally. I sat up just as he walked through the door. When he spotted me, his face light up with happiness. I’m sure mine mirrored it. He nodded at Emily before he picked me up from the bed in a hug, eliciting a squeal from me.

            “I’m going to speak to Sam before he goes on patrol,” Emily said, a ghost of a smile on her face as she left. I noticed she left the door open. Such a parent thing to do. Like we do anything more than kiss while they were in the house.