Chapter No- 04

Hello Family,

First of all, I am so sorry for disappearing like this. But now I promise to finish this story in the upcoming 5-6 chapters. Hope you all like it. 

Please, share your views. 

Also, if you want then you can follow me on Insta @secretswritings.

Enjoy Reading. 

Thank you

------

Arnav with his whole family arrived at Gupta's house, to see the girl of his mother's choice. Even though it was more an obligation, Arnav was not feeling restlessness. His demeanour was calm, which told him that in the end, he is going to like what life is going to serve in his way.

With the same thoughts, he arrived and take a full view of the greenery spread on the lawn of Gupta's house. It doesn't have as many plants as compared to his house but it was well maintained. Its presentation style made it look more enrapturing as compared to his house.

Just on the entrance only, his determination started shaking with the thoughts, "If maa is happy with this girl then I will say yes. I want her happiness only.... nothing else."

The moment Arnav came inside the house, both Garima and Shashi were gobsmacked. He never thought that a uniform can carry such grace. Arnav was looking extra charming with that innocent yet nervous smile. Even being a man, his innocence was on full display in the store of his eyes. 

In the morning Shashi didn't think that the upcoming day will change the future of his daughter.  Yes, Khushi was going to turn 21 but she was still a little princess for his father. And the mere thought of her going away was making Shashi's stomach doing a weird flip flop. Yet, nothing could change destiny. And the marriage of Khushi was one such thing.

"Arnav, he is Shashi Gupta," Arvind introduced them, nodding which Arnav bent to take his blessings. Shashi who was already scanning  Arnav with his hawk eyes got overwhelmed seeing his manners.

"Stay blessed dear son," Shashi blessed Arnav wholeheartedly and guided everyone inside the house. Garima came outside with a nervous smile and greeted everyone with a small Namaste. Arnav came forward and take her blessings also.

When everyone was settle, Arvind and Shashi indulged in some family background talks. Arnav was getting impatient with each passing second. Both the men were not ready to stop their discussion and call the girl, and this irked Arnav to no extent. Unknown to him, his feet started tapping the floor due to nervousness that was creeping in his whole body with each passing second.

Only thought has occupied his mind, soul, "What if the girls are not same.?? Whom will he choose.??? Mother or that Unknown stranger.??"

Ratna saw his restlessness and nudged Arvind slightly. When Arvind turned to ask what happened, she softly signalled him through eyes to look at Arnav. Tilting his neck  in that direction Arvind saw the nervous state of his son, then back at Ratna who tried to control her smile but her traitours lips curved upwards. Arvind too smiles seeing this and decided to end the misery of his son.

"Shashiji, our talks will never end. But I think we should call your daughter. What's say.??" Arvind asked politely to which Shashi grinned wide while replying, "Sure why not."

Arnav took a deep breath to calm down and Ratna kept a hand on his hand. When their eyes met, Ratna blinked in assurance as if saying, "Don't worry everything will be alright." At the same time, Arnav heard a tinkling sound. Without his control, his eyes darted in the direction from where that sound was coming.