Chapter No- 01

A girl clad in a simple green salwar was praying before Lord Shiv on Sawan Somwar. She was praying for the past 20 mins and still, her prayer was nowhere near completion.

Seeing this her brother, who was standing near the staircase, shouted from behind,

"Di, how much time you will take now.??"

She smiled with closed eyes and joined palms but didn't reply and kept doing her prayer. Finally, his (Brother) resolve of not entering the temple broke and he entered while stomping feet and making thumping sounds like a spoilt brat. Her smile increased as the footsteps get near.

The moment he opened his mouth to question again she opened her hazel brown eyes and bend down for taking final blessings. She turned with a soft yet mischievous smile and give Prasad to her brother, who took it grumpily, understanding it was her trick.

"What's wrong with you..?? Why can't you come inside without fussing for once.?" That girl asked and he shakes his head in denial saying, "I just don't get along with his (Lord Shiva) principles."

"What principles...??" that girl asked in an utterly surprised tone.

"For him you girls are fasting the whole day and he is seating here eating all the things without even caring about you.?? How can he do that. ??? I mean you are hungry and still, he is accepting your handmade food..??? How unfair.?? And why everyone needs to pray when they can work on their goals.???" Her little brother kept ranting without stopping, earning the glances of many onlookers. The girl shook her head at his overprotectiveness over her hunger. She simply avoided accusing eyes and tried to go.

That's when one lady present in the temple, who saw their entire banter called her from behind, "Hey dear......"

Both the girl and brother stopped and turned to see if that voice was for them. That lady waved her hands and called them again. The girl was hesitant but with her brother, she went towards that lady. That lady caressed the girl's hair and asked, "What's your name, sweety.??"

The girl smiles politely and joined her hands doing "Namaste" saying, "Namaste Aunty. KHUSHI"

"Khushi... very nice name. And may I know what you are doing dear.??" That lady again asked.

"Ji graduation," Khushi replied hesitatingly. It was not good to talk with strangers but this lady seems genuine to her.

That lady smiled at her hesitance and dropped the idea to inquire more and diverted her attention towards the boy standing beside Khushi with a grumpy face, "Very nice. And who is he..??"

"He is grumpy just like my chote...." the lady thought with a soft smile.

"He, my younger brother. Nandkishore." Khushi replied and smack his shoulder lightly, signalling him to say, "Namaste"

He frowned and folded his hands while pressing lips tightly, "Namaste aunty."

That lady chuckled with his annoyance and replied with a polite smile, "Namaste Beta"

"I think I should go now, aunty. I have exams." Khushi said and departed after exchanging goodbyes.

Whereas that lady who was none other than Ratna went towards the priest of that temple. From the moment she saw Khushi, her simplicity caught her eyes. A girl whose innocence was shining in her bright eyes and nervousness when she was fluttering her eyelashes again and again. She knew that this girl will be perfect for her son, aka chote, aka Arnav. She went towards the oldest priest and inquired about the girl.