Chapter No- 06

Hello Family,

Here is the next awaited chapter of Dream/ Reality.

Hope you all like it.

Thanks and Regards

Deep Thinker

----

True to their words Ratna and Arvind accepted Khushi as their second daughter. At that time accepting daughter in law as daughter was something that no one could think of. Khushi was indeed one of those luckiest girls who got a friend in Arnav, mother in Ratna and Father in Arvind. Not to forget Anjali, who became like her own little sister.

That night after Khushi successful scared Arnav, they both slept. Arnav was dying to complete their marriage but he doesn't want to rush into things. He wants to first understand his wife and then think about taking the most important steps. To be honest, Khushi was horror-struck when Arnav told her to change and sleep. Because not even in her wildest dream she thought something like that on her wedding night. But then her whole life is filled with exceptions.

The very next day after their marriage Arnav got a call from the Airforce office that wanted him to report as early as possible. To be honest, no word could describe what Khushi felt at that moment. She was married only for one day and here Arnav has to report.

Even Arnav himself was disheartened with a sudden change of events. There was an emergency where he was required urgently. And for that, he has to leave his newly wedded wife behind.

He tried to coax Ratna and Arvind to allow Khushi with him. But for the sake of remaining rituals both straightforwardly denied making Khushi more upset than she was.

Not knowing what to do, he booked his train tickets for the next available train. It was scheduled in the night at 12'O clock. At present, it was 12' O Clock in the noon. He has 12 hours to spend with his wife. But then these rituals will eat all her time.

Grumpily he sat on his bed. He so wanted to stay back and spent at least a few minutes with her but he can't do that. It was his duty towards his nation. But then rituals can be adjusted right...??

But no...

After preparing Pehli Rasoi, Khushi came back into her room only to see her husband seating on the bed grumpily like two-year-old. She smiled sadly seeing him as tears threaten to pool in her eyes.

But she can't fall weak at that point in time. And suddenly, Khushi eyes widened in realization. This one day of her marriage has changed her completely. If it was two days ago then she would have cried buckets and buckets to get what she wants. And now she wants to hide the same tears only to give support to her husband.

Arnav sensed her presence the moment she entered their room. But he didn't talk. He feared that if he talked then he will break down. For him, Khushi didn't know anyone apart from him. Yes, the morning was blissful, yet, they are husband and wife. She came behind him and not his family. It was his duty to protect and not his family. He feared that if she cried and plead with him to not go to, then he will be forced to break her heart.

In his turmoil, Arnav didn't know when Khushi closed the door and closed the difference between them. She came and sat beside him and that's when Arnav snapped his head towards her face.

Immediately he turned his head in the opposite direction unable to see her fallen face. Till yesterday she was glowing and now she is looking like a withered leaf. At that moment all she wants are few moments of complete solace with her husband.