24 - Y3

・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚

y/n knocked softly on the door of her Uncle Lupin's office.

"Come in!" Lupin called from inside. y/n opened the door slowly, to see her uncle covered in scratches and bandages. He was wrapping a bandage around a wound around his elbow when y/n entered. He looked up at her and smiled.

"Are... does it hurt?" 

Lupin smiled weakly.

"You get used to it after you've gone through it. The pain disappears after some time," Lupin chuckled softy, making y/n smile weakly as she walked over to him.

 The pain disappears after some time," Lupin chuckled softy, making y/n smile weakly as she walked over to him

The girl pulled a chair beside her uncle, taking a seat, then looked around. "You haven't gotten any new creatures?" 

Usually, every time y/n comes to visit him for tea, she would find a new fascinating creature being replaced by the old one at a corner of her uncle's office.

Lupin shook his head. "No, been quite busy. Did you receive my gift?" 

y/n smiled brightly. "Yes! I love them! Thank you so much," she said, giving her uncle a big warm hug. Lupin took a few seconds to process what was happening, before hugging her back.

"Well, I'm glad you liked them," he smiled as they let go.

"Did you receive MY gift?" Lupin nodded. "Did you like it? Did you like it?" The girl asked excitedly. Lupin chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, y/n. I loved the custom 'Best Uncle Ever' sweatshirt that you hand-embroidered for me," he said reassuringly, making y/n beam. "Now, what did your friends get you for Christmas?"

"OOooh. Hermione gave me a Sherlock Holmes book! You know the one that I've been reading? She gave me a second book. Mrs Weasley gave me a blue jumper, Fay gave me some chocolates," y/n said the last part with a dreamy look on her face, "Ron gave me a brand new quill since mine broke the other day..."

⊱- - - - - -⊰

It was the night before the match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, 11.26 pm to be exact. y/n was the last one who sat at the Gryffindor common room, reading her new Sherlock Holmes book that Hermione had given her. Well... at least she was trying to. Her eyes started to strain as deeper into the night. She had been rereading the same paragraph for the past five minutes.

y/n sighed and stood up, repositioning herself in front of the common room fireplace, on the floor in front of the couch. She was about to sit down when she heard someone from the dorms. 

y/n froze and turned around only to see Harry James Potter walking down from his dorm. He too, looked up, and spotted the girl, and smiled to himself, at least they could keep each other company. They didn't have to be alone tonight, he thought.

Once y/n saw who it was, she sat down in front of the fire and started reading again. She felt Harry sit behind her, looking at what she was reading.

"What are you doing up so late?" Harry asked as he moved around, switching to a more comfortable sitting position.

"Couldn't sleep."

In a second, y/n's book was snatched out of her hands. She turned and shot a look at Harry, but the boy looked at the book and moved beside her.

"What are you doing?" y/n asked.

"Reading to you. You don't want to strain your eyes before you sleep," Harry said, motioning for her to lay against him. y/n hid a smile, and lay down against Harry, making herself comfortable.

"Thanks, Harry," y/n said softly. Harry smiled back and started reading.

⊱- - - - - - - - -⊰

// 610 words pog! hope yall are having/ had an amazing day :) I'm so sorry for not uploading. it was because of writer's block and cause I wasn't really inspired and wasn't really liking how my story wasn't PERFECT. but I guess it doesn't really have to be :) requests on scenes n ships are always open! pls, inform me if you want me to credit you if you suggest something that I will use in this book! 

thank yall so much for the support on this book! although i haven't been updating for a month or so, i see many people still voting on this book, commenting, and adding it to your libraries and it brings me so much joy :) thank you thank you thank you so much for existing and I hope you have an AWESOME day/night wherever you are. please remember to take care of yourself and KNOW that you are totally absolutely tremendously worth it :} adios! goodbye for now!