א

・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚.

AVERY was a surname of one of the very few pureblood wizarding families. Descendants of the family had all attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. During the rise of Voldemort, a few of his very loyal servants were known to be from this family, but no one ever knew exactly who as they never revealed their first names to the public.

On the 16 of April 1980, y/n was welcomed into the pureblood family. The problem was, Voldemort was keeping his Death Eaters pretty busy so no one was able to find time to take care of the newborn. After some thought, y/n's parents decided that it was best to put y/n up for adoption. Not only that better people would be able to take care of her, but y/n would also have a choice if she wanted to become like her parents, or that she wanted to be good.

At the time, young Sirius Black was considering adopting a child of his own. Lily was the one who suggested it (whom James also agreed).

"You two would joke around and go on crazy adventures together," James had said. "It would just be like old times, Sirius. Me and you. But since I'll be busy with Lily, Harry, and the Order, you'll have your own child to keep you company. They would be like your other half."

Sirius finally gave in and went to the nearest adoption center.

"What a coincidence," the woman at the entrance had said when Sirius was explaining his situation. "We have just received one a few days ago. Pureblood girl. Just a few days old. Must have been her parents that registered her 'cause we don't usually get names. They state that her first name is y/n and her middle name is Avery. They never registered her last name so that's up to you."

Pureblood, just like Sirius. The women lead him towards a basket who held a beautiful baby girl, huddled up in a blanket. Sirius smiled to himself and made himself a promise: He'd care and protect this child at all cost. He'd love her with all the love that she never had from her parents and raise her up to become the brightest witch of her age.

After confirming the child's last name as Black, he invited James, Lily, and Lupin to 12 Grimmauld Place. Lily helped Sirius take care of the child since he had never had any experience.

After a few weeks, Sirius had gotten used to the child. He would play with her, teach her things he knew, and goofed around a whole lot. Sirius had come to love y/n as a daughter. Molly and Arthur Weasley, Sirius's cousins, would come once every month or so to visit y/n and Sirius. Molly would cook meals that would last Sirius a week and help take care of y/n. Remus would also come around ever so often to play with y/n too. Everyone had begun to start to grow fond of her.

Sirius tried his best not to leave y/n's side. But if he had to leave for an Order meeting or for other important situations, Molly would take care of y/n at the Burrow and y/n would play along with the rest of the Weasleys who were not in the order such as the twins, Bill, Charlie and Ron.

⊱- - - - - - - - -⊰

· •. * . •   · 585 words ·  • . * .• ·