Chapter V - Sal's Pizza

The trip to Sal's Pizza was pretty uneventful. Seeing as it was Jake's idea to go out for lunch, you and Amy let him pick the place. Walking over to Sal's really made you realise how perfect they were together. Amy would stop Jake from running out into traffic or doing anything too stupid and Jake would make Amy smile and laugh by pointing out all the places he'd made stupid or funny arrests. They were about as opposite as you could get but fitted together like two puzzle pieces.

When you arrived at Sal's you were greeted by a large but friendly Italian American man you assumed to be Sal. He smiled and gave you a nice table by the window.

"This meal is on me after you caught the guys who tried to end my pizza place." He said looking at Jake in a voice that reminded you of vintage mobster movies from the 80s.

Jake smiled and ordered drinks and pizza for the table before looking back at you. Before he could speak, Sal was back with your drinks. Jake had ordered some kind of milkshake whilst Amy had just gone with water. You looked up at the coke in front of you and started drinking it. As you took your first sip Jake looked at you dead in the eyes, clearly trying to be serious but failing miserably.

"So how long have you had a crush on Rosa?" He said not even missing a beat. You spluttered and choked on your drink as soon as the words left his mouth, trying to recompose yourself as quickly as you could.

"I... um. How did you know?"

"Amy realised first. I mean she has known you for a long time. Don't worry though I don't think anyone else has realised."

"Okay, well I think I liked her as soon as I saw her. God, I feel stupid. Please don't tell anyone, I'm not properly out yet"

As you said this, you felt Amy bring you into a hug. She squeezed you tight before letting go.

"Don't worry Y/N, we're not going to tell anyone anything. We just wanted to tell you that we know. I know how bad you are at asking for help with these kinds of things."

You looked down sheepishly but got immediately bought back into the room by the smell of delicious pizza. Sal smiled at the look of excitement you gave him as he placed the large pizza in the middle of the table. Picking up a slice, you looked back up at Jake and Amy. You paused slightly before speaking.

"I think I would like to come out to the nine-nine. Every other precinct I've worked at it seemed like it would be social suicide, but I think I'm ready at this one." You stopped beginning to get nervous. "Unless you think it's a bad idea?"

Jake and Amy looked at you, the biggest smiles smacked on their faces. Almost in unison they spoke up.

"Definitely you should"

You sat there beaming back at them before nodding.

"Right, okay. Next time the nine-nine is all together I'll tell everyone"

With that, the three of you raised your glasses to what had actually been a delightful lunch out.