Chapter XIII - Rise and Shine

You were woken by light streaming in through a gap in Rosa's curtains. You felt Rosa's arm still wrapped around you which made you smile. Her deep, slow, rhythmic breathing told you she was still asleep. It had to be early as neither yours nor Rosa's alarms had gone off. Not wanting to wake her up you slid out of her bed carefully, replacing your body with a pillow. Rosa snuggled up to it, not realising it wasn't you, which made you smile. You grabbed your phone before making your way to her sofa.

Looking down at your phone to the harsh reality that it was only 6:00, you decided to make yourself a cup of coffee and watch TikToks on your phone. It was just mindless scrolling through dumb videos, but before long you heard Rosa's alarm go off. The blaring radar noise was quickly followed by an annoyed grunt.

"Do you want me to make you a cup of coffee while you still try to wake up?"

Rosa responded with a huff which you took as a yes. It made you laugh that the toughest person you knew was bested by waking up early.

Just as you finished making her coffee you were greeted by a very groggy version of Rosa. She took a sip of the coffee you made her and immediately smiled at you.

"You're gonna have to stay over more often, you make coffee better than me."

You wink at her before kissing her on the cheek and heading out to your car to grab your overnight bag. It's something that you'd always had in your car after your time undercover. Granted back then you kept spare clothes for when the ones you were wearing got covered in blood. It was a habit you hadn't let go of and honestly, it was proving to be useful.

As you got back to Rosa's apartment you saw her glance at the bag.

"You really bet on this date going well didn't you"

You could tell she wasn't being serious as she already knew you always kept a change of clothes, as it had helped on the case you were working on now. You had managed to gather evidence by retrieving clothes gang members had dumped in garbage bins near the crime scenes. You personally had always burnt the clothes, but you knew there would be gang members too lazy to bother with things like that.

As you walked over to Rosa's spare bathroom to change you glanced back at Rosa who was disappearing into her room to also change.

You both emerged ready for the day smiling at each other.

"We should definitely do this again Y/N"

"Hmm I don't know I think I might see if we arrest any cute gang members"

Rosa's face dropped before realising you were joking. She punched you playfully on the arm, grabbed her motorbike helmet, and shut the door behind the two of you.

You clutched her hand tight for the entire lift journey before letting go of her and walking over to your car.

"See you at work Rosa?"

"See you then" she smiles before giving you a quick wave and speeding off on her motorbike.