Chapter X - What are we?

It had been a week since your kiss with Rosa. Apart from stolen glances and small smiles at each other nothing else really happened. You didn't know if it was because she didn't want anything to happen or if it was just because she was anxious about getting caught. All the nerves were eating you up inside as Amy tried to get your attention.

"Y/N, Y/N"

You looked up at her smiling down on you.

"Y/N are you okay?"

You gave her a weak nod before trying to fake a smile and turning back to your work. She didn't want to stress you out, so she walked away to go talk to Jake.

"Jake, I think somethings up with Y/N"

"She's probably just nervous about that case she's on at the moment. Remember they just got a tip that it could also be a massive drug bust too. I'd be stressed out too with that much responsibility. Especially as it's her first big case."

"Your probably right. I'll keep an eye on her and wait till this is over."

Truth be told you couldn't care less about the case. All you could think about was Rosa. You didn't care if everything else went completely wrong. All you wanted was for her to kiss you again.

Realising that not caring at all about your work was probably not the best idea, you decided to confront Rosa about what was going on between the two of you.

"Rosa, could I talk to you for a sec."

She looked at you before nodding and walking with you to the breakroom, which fortunately was empty. You stood close, looking into her beautiful brown eyes.

"Rosa, I get it if you don't actually want anything to happen between us, but I need to know what this is," you say gesturing at the two of you. "If you don't feel anything after the kiss we had that's fine, but I need to know now."

You looked down trying to hold back tears. The thought of not being with Rosa after that kiss you shared killed you. She was the only person you had ever felt this way about. At one point you genuinely questioned if you would ever love someone and now, she was standing right in front of you.

"Y/N I'm sorry if you think I don't care about you. I care about you more than anyone else in this entire precinct. I'm just worried about people finding out before I'm ready to tell them."

Rosa looked down at her feet, feeling guilty for making you so worried.

"I want to make it up to you though" Rosa was now smiling, clearly with a new idea. "I want to take you on a date."

You let out an excited squeal.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes!"

Rosa reached out and gave your hand a comforting squeeze before letting go and walking back to her desk. You stayed in the breakroom frozen in an excited silence.