Chapter XIV - The Basic Rundown

You arrive at work to Rosa already sat at her desk. Of course she had arrived before you, not only could she weave through the traffic on her motorbike, she also didn't care nearly enough about speed limits for a cop. She looked up at you giving you a quick smile, making sure it wasn't obvious enough for anyone to notice. Your cheeks flush red before you notice Holt leave his office.

"Detective Y/L/N, Detective Diaz, I will be holding a meeting in my office in exactly 5 minutes. We will be discussing your big case together. Bring any notes you will need."

You look over your desk to see every case file and piece of evidence swamping the entire workspace. Luckily as you realise this, Amy made her way into the Bullpen.

"AMY, I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP"

She awkwardly speed walked over to you. She hated running as it 'wasn't work appropriate, unless absolutely necessary'. Looking over the mess that was your desk in complete disgust, she faked a vomiting noise before turning back to you.

"Okay what the hell am I meant to be looking for and why?"

"Anything to do with mine and Rosa's gang case and it's for a meeting with Holt in less than five minutes"

"I'll help, but only because I don't want Holt to be disappointed"

Accepting any reason for Amy's help, you immediately got to work sifting through piles of papers and files, eventually collecting together a pile of useful documents.

"You are a LIFESAVER Santiago" you smile before giving her a massive hug. She chuckled before pointing at Holt's door.

"Go or you'll be late"

She was right. Quickly scooping up all the things you needed you speed over to Holt's office, hands slightly clammy from all the adrenaline... caused by sorting through random piles of paper.

"Ah Y/L/N glad you could join us. Please take a seat"

He gestured to a seat next to Rosa and opposite him, both of them looking stern making you notice it was your playful demeanour was clearly the one that was out of place.

"So detectives, please give me a rundown of everything you know so far"

~~Mission Brief~~

You were targeting the Greenlight Gang.

Located in New York but trying to branch out to have other factions in different states. This was what had caught the attention of the police as before this they had laid low. They had been able to grow due to creating a drug and crime empire. Their main source of income was a new drug they were calling 'Lucky Charms' which, according to sources, made you feel like you were on a rainbow.

They had to be stopped as their new drug is highly addictive and very easy to acquire.

The reason for the change in attitude from a small tight-knit group to one of the most prolific gangs in New York was reportedly their new leader 'The Prophet'. He got his name by pledging to bring the gang to ' The Promised Land' (you guessed this just meant money and drugs). His real name 'James Deanon' showed that he had already been arrested for gang-related misdemeanours and was the brother of the original leader 'Anthony Deanon' who had disappeared mysteriously. His body was yet to show up, but you knew James 'The Prophet' Deanon had something to do with it.

Luckily, thanks to an undercover cop who you didn't know the name of, and all the work you and Rosa had done, you had almost enough evidence to send most of the gang to prison indefinitely.

In just over a week, you would do a police raid on a big gang meetup. Almost everyone would be there as thanks to your undercover agent you knew it would end in a massive party which no one would turn down.

~~~~

Holt looked back at you; face completely unreadable.

"Diaz, Y/L/N, that all sounds impressive. Oh, and you will be talking to the undercover agent, Detective Kimble. He has been undercover for over six months so please be kind."

You nod before collecting the files you had given to Holt.

"You are both excused."

You and Rosa both get out of your seats and back to your desks. You let out a sigh before sitting back in your chair.

"I've hit a dead-end because we can't speak to Kimble yet. Wanna grab a bite to eat with me?" Rosa says, eyes watching you.

You look at Rosa slightly surprised before glancing down with a mischievous grin.

"I couldn't possibly, I have so much to do today."

You glanced at her. Face completely defeated before watching you dramatically pick up a piece of paper. With an agonising sigh, you move it from one side of your desk to the other.

"Okay, I'm all done. Let's grab lunch."

"I'll get you back for that one Y/L/N"

"Maybe I'd like that..." you say under your breath before winking at her and walking to the door. "Well Miss Diaz, are you coming or not?"