Chapter XXIV - Lost and Found

~~With the nine-nine~~

Rosa sprinted into the Warehouse gun in hand, worried by the eerie quiet. She looked around before hearing the rumble of an engine outside. Kimble.

"Someone better go chase that car before I get properly mad" Rosa snapped into her radio, annoyed she hadn't hung back longer to catch Kimble leave.

"Officers Peralta and Boyle currently in pursuit of a black Chevrolet Camaro, number plate: KBL 2396"

Rosa sighed a momentary relief before going back to searching the building for any sign of you. Slowly getting more frustrated, she opened the door to another room, only to find it led to the same thing. Nothing. As she was about to lose all hope, she noticed the outline of a door at the edge of the space she was in. It had been sanded down, so it was flush with the rest of the wall and painted so it was almost invisible. There was no obvious handle, so Rosa ended up just kicking the door, desperate to see what was on the other side.

"Y/N IF YOU'RE THERE PLEASE SAY SOMETHING" She screamed still smacking the door with her boot, sweat forming on her brow.

"Assistance requested in the East Wing of the warehouse. I've found a locked door that Kimble clearly wanted to keep hidden"

Holt assured her that Terry was on his way as Rosa continued to abuse the door with her foot.

Terry arrived with a ram, gesturing at Rosa to move away from the door. After a few hits it swung open, revealing you hunched over a metal chair, dagger still protruding out of your chest surrounded by a pool of blood. Terry could see you slightly rise and fall indicating you were still breathing, but there was no promise you would continue for much longer.

"We need paramedics here STAT. Holt, it's not looking good" Terry spoke down his radio whilst Rosa ran towards you, pausing just before she reached your limp body.

"Paramedics entering the building"

Rosa felt a single tear fall down her cheek, wiping it away before Terry could see. All the happiness drained from your face. It had taken them too long to find you and she could tell that you had lost hope before you were stabbed. Terry tried to offer an arm of comfort as the paramedics came running in, but she batted it away, watching them load you onto a stretcher. Rosa followed them, taking one last glance at the concrete prison Kimble had kept you in, spotting a small security camera mounted in the top right corner.

"Terry, I have to get on that ambulance and make sure she's okay. Get me that camera footage" Rose pointed at the camera before running after the men carrying you in a stretcher.