Kings and Crowns 🏐

BY THE TIME THEY ARRIVED AT AOBA JOHSAI, MIKIO WAS SWORN IN AS THE UNOFFICIAL KARASUNO EMOTIONAL SUPPORT DUCK.

Everyone loved him, he was adorable after all, and Mikio was surprisingly okay with being petted and picked up by several different people.

( Nishinoya was the cutest with the duck, eyes wide and sparkling as Mikio quacked up at him and nuzzled his fingers. )

Even Tsukishima held Mikio for a few minutes before the duck was snatched out of his hands by an overexcited Tanaka. 

It did take Daichi and Ukai some convincing to have an  emotional support duck, especially since their team mascot was a crow, but as soon as Mikio waddled up to Daichi and cuddled up in his lap, the team captain's self control broke.

Now Daichi was  chanting along with the team, Kiyoko giggling at the sheer excitement of the team at the fact their 'dad' was on their side. Tanaka ripped out a sheet of paper and started a petition to officialize Mikio, excitedly getting everyone to sign it.

The team hopped out of the bus, Hinata lingering on behind Shiro as the boy retrieved the duckling from Daichi with a smile, and handed Mikio to Kiyoko.

"C-Can you and Y-Yachi-chan watch o-over him d-during the g-game?"

"I'd be honored to."  Kiyoko smiled.

"Yay! We get to be with Mikio!" Yachi smiled, cooing down at the duckling, who was fluffing himself up.

Shiro shakily smiled back, before turning to face the huge school that loomed over him. He gulped. This was to be his very first game against another school.

Very first competition.

He paled, trying to hide his emotions behind a blank expression, jaw setting shut as they walked into the school, Ukai leading them to the gym.

Kageyama noticed and popped up next to Shiro. "You feeling okay?"

"Y-Yeah." Shiro nodded, slinking behind Daichi as a tall guy with Godzilla hair walked up to them.

"Hey, glad you could make it." Iwaizumi nodded at Kageyama. "We're just finishing up warmups. We can play then."

Shiro walked into the Seijoh gym, marveling at how big it was, the turquoise and white color scheme quite pleasing to look at. He gulped as he saw the volleyball net and the opposing team wearing a matching turquoise color, but not their official jerseys.

Suga immediately knew what was up. "Hey, is this your first away game?"

"F-First g-game." Shiro whispered.

Suga's eyes widened. "I thought you said you played?"

"I was o-on the t-team, t-they never l-let me p-play." 

Suga immediately wanted to go back in time and kill the middle schoolers Shiro had the misfortune of growing up with.