First Flight🏐

A/N: sorry for being so dead,  I'm wearing a hand splint rn so excuse all horrid typing errors and grammar issues. Also, im prolly gonna be fine, as long as my TFCC tears in my hands don't turn chronic. Too early to tell.

Btw i'll make up a random high school name every so often because im too lazy to check the matches fanpage + just ignore it if I get the  matches wrong. 

**********************************************************************

 "COME ON,  WAKATOSHI-KUN! DON'T MAKE ME DRAG YOU!"

Tendou hung off the arm of a certain hunk of a farmer boy, trying to pull him back to his team's temporary locker room. However, he the skinny redhead guess blocker was far too scrawny in comparison to Ushijima Wakatoshi, and instead got dragged along effortlessly by the captain of Shiratorizawa. 

His bright pink volleyball shoes, which he was wearing to support a classmate whose mother had been diagnosed with breast cancer, skidded uselessly along the floor as Tendou finally gave up trying to move the wall of a teenage boy and just let the boy drag him along.

"Dammit, Wakatoshi-kun. Where are you going?"

A grunt of dismissal came from Ushijima's lips as he looked around the venue of the Miyagi Prefectural Qualifiers, eyes peeled for a head of snow white hair. His olive eyes landed on the chart which directed different teams to their different courts and temporary locker rooms, and immediately spotted the name he was looking for.

Without a warning, Wakatoshi took off, and the effect on Tendou was the equivalent of clinging onto a giant St.Bernard dog as it chased after a poor squirrel at 50 mph.

"WAKATOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-"

Goshiki let out a squeak of surprise and slammed himself into the hall as Wakatoshi raced by, Tendou screaming as he clung onto the potato hunk for dear life.  Shirabu, who stood next to Goshiki carrying the water bottles they were sent to refill, raised an eyebrow.

"I wonder what's gotten into Ushiwaka, he's never like this. "

"He's always so blunt and aloof. Why is he acting like a runaway puppy?" Goshiki whimpered, eyes falling on the scorch marks that sizzled in the shape of footprints.

Shirabu gave the poor traumatized coconut head a side glance, shaking his fringe out of his field of vision.

"Not a word about Ushiwaka's strange behavior to the rest of the team. It might unnerve us unnecessarily before the tournament begins."

Goshiki closed his eyes and let out a hum, a stream of tears streaking down his face. "It's not like they'd believe me anyways."

Meanwhile, passerbys yelped and got out of the way of a stampeding Ushiwaka, terrified at his deadpan expression as he ran faster than a Naruto-run with a screaming middle blocker along for the ride. 

"WHERE ARE YOU EVEN GOING?"

**********************************************************************

While the thundering noises of a speed-running Ushiwaka grew in the distance, Karasuno ignored their approaching demise, rather having to deal with a feral Nishinoya and Tanaka, who defended their two prides and glories- Kiyoko and Shiro.

Shiro was wearing attire perfect for sleeping on a bus (not that he could sleep, anyways, Kinoshita and Yamasaki had gotten into a loud argument about the best jujutsu sorcerer of all time, there was a brawl over who could hold Mikio between the second years, and Asahi had to pry Nishinoya off of him for the nth time)- but he was relatively underdressed than normal, sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt, Mikio in his black Karasuno jacket pocket.