Reminiscence Pt. 1🏐

A/N: LONG CHAPTER AHEAD.

TW: Violence, fire, a bit of gore, death.

*****************************************

 WHOA, SIX-YEAR-OLD SHIRO THOUGHT. 

"Ikuto! Ikuto!"  He chirped, racing up to the taller boy with a head of golden curls. 

Kingin, their families called them whenever the infamous duo was together. 

Kingin. Gold and Silver. Referring to Ikuto's glittering golden curls, and Shiro's shining silver-white waves. They were inseparable, two sides of a coin, yin and yang together. 

Shiro was the cute, adorable, innocent little child. Ikuto was the dirty joke extraordinaire. 

(Cue Shiro wondering aloud, " Aunt Lia, what's a wh*re?" and Ikuto getting whooped by his mother, said Aunt Lia.)

Shiro was polite and kind and everyone adored his cute little "thank you's!" and "pwease!'s". 

Ikuto was an asshole kid, and they'd tell him to "scram!" and "beat it!" and he'd flip them off.

( Well, except Shiro, of course. Shiro was always a universal exception. Duh.) 

Now, back to Shiro chirping Ikuto's name, racing up to the taller, older boy who had a volleyball dancing on his fingertips expertly.

"What that? What that?" Shiro asked, crystalline glacier eyes glittering in the sunlight, wide with curiosity. 

He pointed at the yellow and blue volleyball, and Ikuto smirked.

"Oh this? It's volleyball." He replied, booping his little cousin's nose. 

Shiro's face scrunched up, fighting back a sneeze. He lost the fight, and a kitten-like "achoo!" echoed through the field.

"Bolliegol?" Shiro sniffed, looking up at him.

"Vol-ley-ball."

"Voleyboh!"  Shiro's little hands shot up in excitement at the nod that Ikuto gave him.

"Watch me." Ikuto grinned, tossing up the volleyball as he ran up to the white chalk boundary of the court, and then, he jumped.

Shiro's jaw dropped at the velocity of his jump, at how Ikuto soared through the sky, before slamming the ball down onto the other end of the court, deflating it.

"WHOA!" Shiro squealed in glee, happily stamping his feet as sparkles glittered in his eyes. "IKUTO SO COOL!"

"Baka. I know that. Wanna be cool with me?"

Shiro puffed out his little rosy cheeks, nodding vigorously. 

"Voleyboh!" His cheer echoed through the field, and he giggled as Ikuto picked up him and sat him on his shoulders, slowly teaching him how to play the game that changed his life forever.

About a year later, Shiro had grown a bit more, and they'd met their four friends. 

**********************************************************