Silver Bird🏐

WHEN BOKUTO FIRST SAW AKAASHI'S STATE TWO DAYS AFTER THE FIASCO, THE WHOLE EARTH RUMBLED.

"AGAASHI???" Bokuto screeched, instantly pouncing onto the poor pretty setter, who had a bandage  over his nose and was holding an ice pack to it.  

Bokuto smothered the boy in a hug, eyes wide and teary as he blubbered. "Akaashi, how this happen?!"

Akaashi knew that lying to Bokuto would only hurt the pure baby in the end, so Akaashi simply sighed and wriggled a bit out of Bokuto's embrace for a gasp of air.

"I messed up, Bokuto-san."  Akaashi coughed a bit, looking up into Bokuto's worrying gold eyes. "I..."

"WHO DID THIS-?" Bokuto screeched like a demon, and in the distance the volleyball teams started praying rapidly to God.

"Shiro."

One word, one word and Bokuto was exorcised, reduced to a confused heap that flopped onto the infirmary floor and stared up at him. "Shiro-kun wouldn't do that?"

"He was having a panic attack, seeing what he saw that night years ago. It was my fault for touching him without asking." 

The mention of that night soured Bokuto's expression, and he sadly looked away. Memories, faint memories of a gold haired boy flitted through his vision, before he understood.

"Oh. Is he okay?" 

Akaashi's eyes widened for a second.

Bokuto... isn't mad?

He'd expect Bokuto to go up to anyone that hurt him and scare them away. He kinda expected to be the one to hold Bokuto back from going full protect mode.

Akaashi hid a soft smile, looking away from Bokuto. He may not have brains for school, but he sure as hell was emotionally smart. The pretty setter rubbed the back of his neck and smiled to himself, the throbbing in his nose reducing as the pain-killer magic worked away.

"I think Shiro is going to be okay. He has a lot more people looking out for him now." Akaashi hummed, leaning back into his cot.  He rested his head against his pillow, letting his lashes flutter shut.

"Yeah. Was it really bad?"

"Apparently Karasuno's coach managed to get through to him. Not to mention, we're in Tokyo, so I think we'll have someone else on our hands." Akaashi yawned, and Bokuto got the hint, tucking in the setter with a soft smile over his face.

"Wait, is she coming?"

"Most definitely. Not that I asked for her to be informed of what happened, but she is quite protective over our little Shiro-san."

"Who again?"

***************************************************************

Whoa. 

Who is she?

A woman walked past the double doors of Shinzen High, sparkles all around her. She looked a bit distressed and excited, running a hand through wavy silver hair.

"She's hot."  Masaki (Fish Lips) whispered over to his friend, his eyes wide as he stared at her walking by.

The click of heels echoed through the hallway, almost undistinguishable from the sounds of the volleyball teams getting ready for the day's training.