Ruins Uncovered 🏐

YOU'VE NEVER HIT ROCK BOTTOM UNTIL YOU'VE CRIED ON A BATHROOM FLOOR BY A  CLUBROOM AND SOMEONE SAW YOUR STATE AND CRIED WITH YOU.

But the thing was, even though Shiro had hit the bottom, he still felt like he was sinking. His heart was sinking, breaking, as he watched his upperclassman pale and crumple down to his knees, his brown eyes overflowing with tears.

"S-Suga?"

The older setter did not respond.

Shiro whimpered softly, curling up into a ball, assuming the worst.  I'm so sorry, Suga. 

Sniffles, silent gasping as Sugawara wiped at his face frantically, trying to stop the tears and failing miserably. Silver hair shone softly under the dying light of the sun,  and slender fingers reached out for Shiro ever so slowly.

"W-Who did this to you?"

Shiro's voice was gone, throat closing in on itself as the pure hurt ripped through Suga's words.

 Quiet, dangerous, a sharp edge to Sugawara's voice as the setter stood up,  overloading on guilt and pain and hatred towards the world, the stupid, dark, unfair world that turned on his Shiro, that hurt his Shiro, that took away what most definitely was a huge part of his life from him.

"TELL ME WHO DID THIS, AND I'LL END THEM!"

Shiro flinched and curled up even tighter, terrified at Sugawara's outburst, at Sugawara's shouting voice, at the fire behind his eyes.

Sugawara wasn't half lying. 

He couldn't believe that Shiro was hurt like this.

Couldn't believe that someone would let him get hurt like this.

Couldn't believe he was so blind, so utterly blind, to all of Shiro's pain.

He wanted to punch something, wanted to go full angry mama bear and tear down whatever dared threaten his baby bird. 

Shouting unintelligibly, Sugawara began ranting through torrents of tears, ranting about how fucking sorry he was he wasn't there for him, how horrible he must've been to not even notice.

Shiro, however, couldn't hear a word, and rather only the crescendo of his voice, louder and louder.

 Panic settled in him, and he whimpered outright, curling up in the corner, pushing himself against the wall, nothing but the yelling going through to him.

Help, somebody help, Shiro begged silently, heart involuntarily racing, emotions going into overdrive, gasping in short and shallow gulps of air. 

He was descending, falling, the rug ripped out from under him. Suga's sobbing and crying and ranting and anger were all like daggers being shoved deeper and deeper into his heart, twisting and turning and making him bleed.

And through it all, Shiro couldn't breathe. 

**************************************

"Takeda, take care of the boys."

"And then I got drunk- wait what?" Takeda stumbled, stopping his story mid sentence and turning to face the coach.

 Ukai gestured to the Karasuno boys, grimacing as Tanaka practiced ripping off his uniform and began swinging it in the air.  Daichi was rushing away from the team, staring at his phone and slipping on his jacket. The Team Dad shared a look with the Team Grandpa, and immediately both of them nodded, after both of them got Suga's concise but frantic text.