In Five Years by Rebecca Serle

*Class 1-D : Karma's POV*

2 Transfer students walked into the class. To my surprise, i know who they were. My eyes widened as i noticed them walking in. Horikita even noticed my expression as i looked at them.'Impossible....'I thought to myself as i kept on looking at them.'They're-'I cut my train of thought off as they started introducing themselves."Hello there, everyone!"The first transfer student, the white haired girl with blue eyes greeted us with a smile."My names Yami Hikari! And this is Tengoku Yu!"She introduced herself along with the boy beside him who has black spikey hair and black eyes."Hope we can be friends!"She yelled giving us a peace sign. I immidietly hid my face behind my manga hoping they wont see me. Horikita then got closer to me and whispered to me."Who are they?"She whispered in my ear asking me the question."Unfortunately, i cant answer that."I whispered as i kept on covering my face behind my manga.

*School Hall : Hikari's POV*

Yu and i were walking through the halls holding hands like a normal couple would do. As we walked, we noticed a figure similar to our missing childhood friend, Satujin Karma. He was walking out of the main campus with a black haired boy wearing glasses. He looked a little older than him too. Before we could reach them, a boy from our class with brown hair approached us."Hey, Hikari and Yu right?"He asked us with a smile."Yes, and you are?"I asked him back with a confused look."My names Yousuke Hirata, feel free to call me Hirata though."He told them with a smile."I'm the leader of Class D, hope we can be friends guys."He said with a smile as he extended his hand."Hope we can be friends as well."I told im with a smile."Wanna head to the park for a bit?"He asked us with a smile."Theres someone i'd like you to meet."He told us with a smile.

*The Park : Karma's POV*

I was playing chess againts President Horikita with Sakayanagi watching our every move. She seemed to be smiling seeing how both President Horikita and i are competing and trying to one up each other in a simple game of chess."Check."I told President Horikita as i placed my queen at the top right of the board with the king at the top center of the board. President Horikita tried to look for a way to get out of the check but it looked like he couldnt find the opening he needed."Oh sorry, what i meant to say was Checkmate."I told him as he then sighed and shook my hand."I see what you mean now, Sakayanagi."He told her with a smirk."How long have you been playing?"He asked me with a glare."You shouldnt be glaring at your Kouhais like that."I told him with an emotionless look."Just answer the question."He said with a sigh."I started out with Shogi at the age of 14 and adapted into chess at the age of 15."I told him with an emotionless look."Thats right, i've only been playing for 3 years."I told him with a sigh."I see....so you figured out how to play in such a short time."He said as he lifted his glasses."3 years isnt short."I told him with a sigh."But i guess you could say that."I told him as i noticed Hirata coming over. Behind him were Yu and Hikari walking behind him."Sakayanagi, Horikita-san.....can you leave for a moment?"I asked them with an emotionless look. President Horikita and Sakayanagi immidietly noticed Hirata's existence and stood up."I see.....alright."President Horikita said as he walked off to his dorm."Lets go, Sakayanagi."He called Sakayanagi as she the followed him."Hope we'll see each other again, Babayaga."She teased me as she then walked off.

"Yosh, what do you want Hirata?"I asked him as i turned my head towards him with an emotionless expression."Well, it looks like you could use more friends so..."He said with an awkward smile."Hikari, Yu, this is-"Before Hirata introduced myself to them, they already called me."Karma.."Yu called me with a relieved expression."E-Eh?"Hirata was confused as he then looked at Hikari, Yu and i."Y-you three know each other?"He asked with a confused look."We're childhood friends."Hikari told him with a smile."I see...then it looks like ya'll got some catching up to do."He said with a smile."I'll leave the three of you alone, see ya."Hirata said as he walked off back to his dorm.

"So..."Hikari started the conversation with an awkward look."Its been a while."She said with an awkward smile."It sure has."I said as i took out my book and read it."E-Eh?! Thats it?"She asked with a confused look."What else did you expect for taking the conversation to an odd direction from the start."I told her as i kept on reading my book."Hes not wrong."Yu said with a teasing look."Ahh mou!"Hikari yelled feeling dissapointed in herself."Well anyways, why..."She paused as she looked at me with a sad look."WHY DID YOU LEAVE ALL THOSE YEARS?!"She asked me with a sad and frustrated look."DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH WE'VE MISSED YOU?!"She asked me as she then hugged me crying all over me. Yu joined in as well as he started to burst into tears. Even when they hugged me, i still felt nothing. My emotions has completely washed off eversince Grimms death. It was like i had nothing anymore.....i felt empty inside.....even when i hated him, why do i still wish he was alive? Is this feeling guilt? No....it cant be.....that bastard got what he deserved."ANSWER ME KARMA!"Hikari yelled once more as she then started knocking on my chest."Abou why i ran away back then.....has nothing to do with the both of you."I told them with a cold tone as i stood up from the bench and walked off."K-Karma?"She asked with a confused yet sad look."I wished that the two of you would just leave me alone but i guess that wish never came true..."I told them as i walked off towards my dorm.

*Karma's Dorm : Karma's POV*

I was on my bed looking through my phone. Hirata apparently texted me alot of messages regarding on what i said to Hikari and Yu.'Shit, the whole class is gonna be againts me.....well, atleast Horikita will understand.'I thought to myself as i placed my phone down on a table and noticed a picture of me with Hikari and Yu when we were elementary school students.'Time sure flies....'I thought to myself as i then closed my eyes and slept soundly.

:Dream:

I was at the School Docks alone. I saw myself killing Grimm on the spot with President Horikita beside him. Again, i felt nothing about this. I was about to approach the scene but my legs were oddly not moving.'Why can i move?'I thought to myself as i kept on trying to move but i wont budge. After a few seconds, i noticed the scene started to change to when i first sliced Grimms throat ruthlessly."You see now Karma? No matter who you try to make friends with......they'll always end up backstabbing you....kuku..."He said with a menacing smile on his face as blood came out of his mouth."Honestly Aki.....you're right.....no matter who i make friends with, theres a possibility they'd try to sabotage me....hell, they might even betray me......from now on......people are nothing but tools..."I said as i left the building.

Everything suddenly went dark. I suddenly fell right through a black void. My emotions still didnt show as i kept on falling. After a few minutes, i finally stopped falling and appeared in a green room chained up to a pole.'Why does this look familliar?'I thought to myself as i looked infront of me to see Hanako, Yuuki and Ryuuji tied up to a chair. I saw a figure approaching them with a knife. I thought it was Akihiko until he turned around and looked at me. What i saw was not Akihiko.....but instead.....it was me....I sliced off their throats not caring about remorse or even mercy.'Is this the kind of person i've become?'I asked myself that as i then woke up from my dream.

*End*