One Mans Wilderness by Sam Keith

*River Spot : Karma's POV*

 After hours of searching for a spot, we were finally informed by Hirata that Ike, Sudou and Yamauchi have finally found a spot. We all moved towards the spot they found and saw Ike jumping out of the water."Here it is!"Ike yelled as water splashed around him."The spot we found!"He yelled once more splashing his surroundings with water. Everyone from Class D looked around and saw how beautiful the spot is.

Everyone started placing down their stuff and explored the area. I was wandering around to see where we could place our tents."Thanks."Hirata said with a smile as he looked at the river."You're amazing, Ike-kun!"Hirata said with a smile."I know, right?"Ike asked with a slight chuckle. I was looking around and saw the spot claimer on the tree."So thats it.....Only the leader of each class can take possesion of a spot."I said to myself with a sigh.

"Assuming we want to use this as our base camp, the question is whether or not to take possesion of it."Hirata said with a serious look."We should, shouldnt we?"Ike asked with a confused look."If we do, we can use the river, and we'll get points every eight hours."Ike said with a confused look."Yeah, but that means the Leader needs to renew possesion every eight hours."Hirata said with a serious look."Thats right, and if another class sees that..."Karuizawa added with a worried look placing two fingers on her left cheek."Cant we just, like, surround them while they do it?"Yamauchi asked with a confused look."Good idea."Hirata said with a smile."What do you guys think?"Hirata asked the others. Everyone agreed with the idea and decided to follow Hirata's lead."Then the last question to answer is, who'll be the leader?"Hirata asked with a smile.

Everyone was wondering who should be the leader. The girls wanted to pick Hirata but the boys thought diffrently. Suddenly, it was Kikyou Kushida who spoke up infront of everyone."Hey, guys, can i say something?"Kushida asked as she rose her right arm up. To keep silencem everyone toned down their voices and crouched down to finallyy hear Kushida out."I've been thinking about this."Kushida said with a smile."People like Hirata and Karuizawa stand out whether they mean to or not."She said with a smile."But the person entrusted with the role needs to be more responsible, right?"She asked everyone with a smile. Hirata gave a nod and Kushida continued."I think the only person who meets both requirements is Horikita-san."She said with a gentle smile. I looked over to Horikita and noticed that Horikita's fever was deteriorating a little faster."What do you guys think?"Kushida asked with a smile."I'm in favor."Hirata said with a smile."If you accept the role Horikita-san, i'd like you to accept it."He said with a smile as he turned towards Horikita."What do you think?"Hirata asked with a smile. Everyone stared at Horikita hoping for her to say yes.'Damn Kushida, thats cold.'I thought to myself with a sigh.'Putting someone on the spot like that before they could even react, thats cold but it works....guess you may be a little bit smart.'I thought to myself as i looked at the sky. Sudou spoke up as he rose his hand."If she doesnt want to, i'll do i-"He gets cut off by Horikita."Fine...I'll do it."She said with a straight look."Then that settles that, Sudou, tell the teachers that Horikita is our leader."Hirata ordered as Sudou then ran off to get the keycard.

*A Few Minutes Later*

Everyone huddled up surrounding Horikita and the spot claimer. Horikita then used the keycard to claim the spot. After that, everyone began to seperate and got comfortable with the spot."Okay! That solves the bathing and drinking water problem, huh?"Ike asked with a smile on his face."I guess so."Hirata said with a concerned look."I mean, it does look drinkable but..."Hirata paused as he stopped infront of the river."Are you sure its drinkable?"Karuizawa asked with a curious look."What are ou guys saying?! We found an actual river! There's no way we're not gonna use it, right?"Ike asked with a confused look."We have time. No need to decide so hastily."Hirata said with a smile."Yeah!"Karuizawa said with a smile. The girls and Hirata then walked off to decide what to do with the river. I waled up to him with my hands in my pocket."Ike, do you have outdoor experience?"I asked him with a confused look."I used to go camping with my family when i was little."He said with a frown."I have no problem drinking river water."He said with a smile as he drank from the river water."You can tell a springs purity just by looking at it."Ike said with a smile.

Tents were being set up by the boys while the girls set up the campfire. I was bringing some leaves for the fireplace until Hirata called me."Karma-kun, could i have a moment?"He asked me as he then walked up to me. I stopped dead on my tracks with the leaves on my hands."I'd like ou to find some branches we can use for a campfire before it gets dark."Hirata said with a smile."I'm already doing that as we speak."I told him with a sigh."Wait! Its dangerous to go alone!"He yelled with a worried tone."I'm good goin alone."I told him with a sigh.

I placed some of the leaves on ground near a log so i could gather more."Despite being the class's central figure, he still has to rely on you, pathethic isnt it?"Horikita asked me as i noticed her sitting on a log with a glare."I was gonna say 'why dont you help out' but then remembered you're sick."I said as i sighed."Even if you did, i wouldve responded with 'Theres nothing i can help with.'"She replied as she got up from the log and walked off."Though if an enemy or an objective shows itself, i can offer my thoughts."She said as she got in a tent.'Guess i'll just continue gathering branches.'I thought to myself as i continued gathering branches.

*Near the Camp : Karma's POV*

I was collecting branches in the forest until i noticed a certain figure on the tree. I checked it out and noticed the figure was a Class C student known as Mio Ibuki. She looked pretty hurt and pretty bruised. I also noticed that she was carrying a green bag and that her fingers were covered in dirt. She looked directly at me with a glare. I figured something was up so i didnt bother getting close to her. After that, i approached her slowly keeping my guard up."You okay?"I asked her with a curious look."Leave me alone. I'm fine."She said with a cold tone."That probably hurts though."I said with an emotionless look."You're Ibuki of Class C, correct?"I asked her with a curious look."Did you get abused by your classmates again? That probably sucked."I said with a sigh."Givin me the silent treatment aye? Fine by me."I told her as i then walked off back to camp."You're not even gonna ask why i got these bruises?"She asked me with a glare."Unlike some people, i dont really care what happens in other peoples life."I told her as i then continued walking back to camp.

As i was walking, i noticed Yamauchi and Sakura walking towards my direction."Yo, Karma!"Yamauchi greeted with a smile and a wave as he then noticed Ibuki sitting behind a tree covered in bruises."Hey! is she okay?!"Yamauchi asked me with a worried look."She said shes fine, and even if shes not okay...i suggest you leave her."I said as i continued walking.

*Camp : Karma's POV*

I went back to camp to see Ibuki with Yamauchi and Sakura. She was covered with a towel so that she could be warm. I sighed as i then noticed Hirata approaching me."What is it?"I asked him with a confused look."Nothing, just a little worried about her."He said as he looked at Ibuki."I can tell you right now shes a bad presence."I told him as i then walked off towards a tree and leaned on it. Hirata kept his eye on Ibuki but then was swarmed by the girls of Class D excluding Horikita.'Time for plan B i guess...'

*End*