If We Survive by Andrew Klavan

*Cruise Ship : Karma's POV*

It was finally morning. We had finally reached our destination....the Island. I went out a bit and looked over towards it. I sighed as i then pulled some strands of my hair to be interrupted by someone in particular."Well it seems you're up early as well."She said with a smug look."Sakayanagi...."I paused as i sighed once more and turned around to see her."Its been quite a while since the attack on school, hasnt it?"She asked me with a smile."Eversince your childhood friends shown up, you became very distant from both me and the Student Council President."She said with a smug look."Have i now?"I asked with a sigh."Yare yare, sorry then."I said as i continued to watch over the island."So you've figured it out as well? As expected of the Number One Assasin."She said with a smug look."It just didnt seem right to me that they'd give us a free luxury cruise to an island."I told her as i observed the island."Well then, how about we do a little match?"She asked me with a smile."Hm?"I asked her with a confused look."If you can win in this Special Exam, i'll share a little secret with you."She said with a smile."And what secret would you be hiding?"I asked her with a confused look."Its about Kiyotaka Ayanokouji."She said as she gave me a wink. My eyes widened a little bit after hearing what she said.'Hold on a sec, she knows something about Kiyo that even i dont know? Well its true her father was one of the people working at the White Room but.....to think she knows something about Kiyotaka....'I thought to myself as i looked at her."Interested are you?"She asked me with a giggle."So? Is it a deal?"She asked me with a smug look."You got me, just so you know....i'll come out on top."I told her with a slight smirk."Now if you'll excuse me-"I got cut off as a broadcast was heard from the entire cruise ship.

"All Students, please proceed to the back of the ship."The broadcast announced informing us what looks like to be the beginning of the Special Exam."Looks like its begun."I said with a sigh."Good luck."She said with a smug look."I shouldve been the one that said that."I told her with a sigh."I guess."She said with a smile as she then walked off.'Looks like i'm gonna have to pull out some of my energy for this...unless of course that she wouldnt be competing....then that means shes gonna have one of her classmates do the work for her....which one though? I've heard rumours of the snake Hashimoto.....but i'm pretty sure she has two more individuals who might be her puppets..'I thought to myself as i pulled some strands of my hair.'Three actually....including Katsuragi...the second leader of Class A....i see, so thats what you're really up to Sakayanagi...but why go for all the trouble to have me compete againts you when winning isnt your goal?'I asked myself as i was then interrupted by a gust of wind.'I'll figure this out later.'I thought to myself as i made my way to the back of the ship.

*Back of the Ship : Karma's POV*

Everyone was lined up according to their classes. I was somewhere in the middle of Class D's line as Chabashira-sensei started walking up a podium infront of the classes."As we prepare to arrive at the island, we will give an explanation of what to expect."She said as she glared at all of us."Until then, wait here."She said as she turned around to grab something.'A Class A alliance is not gonna be forged here since Sakayanagi has declared a competition beetween us, which means i gotta be wary of both Class C and A....i also need to worry about maintaining our alliance with Class B.'I thought to myself as i stared off onto the sky. As i was thinking of a strategy, i noticed Horikita standing right beside me."You alright?"I asked her as i turned my head towards her."Yes, i was just reading in my room."She told me as she sighed. I gave her a confused look and raised my brow."It was really engaging, but as we werent allowed to bring personal belongings, i wont get to finish it."She said coldly as she sighed. Little did she know, i knew that something was very off about her. It wasnt her personality...rather, she looks like shes a little sick.'I can use that to my advantage....sorry Hanako, i'm gonna have to turn your sister into a tool for a bit.'I thought to myself as i sighed."Dont push yourself too hard, there are limits that we human beings can reach."I told her as i turned my attention back to the podium.