10. Her Home

In the bey tent, everyone took their seats instead of Tugtekin who stood beside his father's Beylic chair. Gumuştekin was not allowed into the meeting by Halime and everyone was more than okay with it.

"Welcome to Dodurga Tribe, Halime Sultan." Tugtekin welcomed resting his hand on his chest, Halime gave him a nod. It wasn't how the tribes wanted to welcome her. It showed the inner rivalry both tribes had despite living together for more than two years and it had a really bad impact and impression.

"Welcome to Dodurga and KAYI Tribe, Halime Sultan!" Sungurtekin corrected after giving a short glance at Tugtekin. A smile appeared at Halime's lips.

"Thank you Sungurtekin Bey. Kayi Tribe is like a second home to me, so it's good to be back."

Halime answered and her eyes locked with Ertugrul who was sitting beside Sungurtekin. No one could compete the shine Ertugrul had in his eyes at the moment. He was glowing. He was happy. Halime couldn't match his smile but still offered him a small smile because this time she too came to fight for her love. Their love.

"How... how are you?" Ertugrul asked while everyone seemed to cope up with the awkwardness. His voice was shy and concerned.

"I'm fine." Halime managed to get her eyes off Ertugrul who was looking at her very deeply, he was drowned in her gazelle eyes and not to ignore that Sungurtekin noticed Tugtekin giving death glares to Ertugrul and Halime.

"Sultan sent his Salam to all of you. He was expressing grief on your loss and was very sad about it. I'm also very sorry about what happened to you in last few years."

"EyVallah Halime Sultan!"

Halime exhaled a shallow breath, she didn't wanted to drag anything or beat around the bush so she came straight on point as everyone's fake smiles and gestures were already irritating her.

"Our Sultan managed to kill the traitor from his palace but the fear of Mongols is still on our heads. He is really concerned about every Turk Tribe that got affected by Mongols. We have many small tribes in nearby areas too that need our help as they are not that powerful and have that constant fear that their tribes will get attacked by Mongols and nothing will be left behind."

Gundogdu nodded. "Halime Sultan, most of the bey of tribes have hide themselves in mountains because of not being strong enough to face Mongols and to save their people."

"We need to reassure them and get them at one place, with us. Their fear for their people is absolutely right and we need to help them. But first.." Halime glanced between Tugtekin and Gundogdu, "you have to help yourselves." She taunted with a little smirk and it was for all the right reasons. What she saw outside wasn't something Halime Sultan was going to leave like that.

Tugtekin opened his mouth to speak up and say something in Dodurga defence or against Kayi but Halime was quicker than him. "Now, let's move to the question that is in your minds and I can clearly read that and maybe it will help you to understand my position more better. Why Sultan sent me for this?"

Everyone's awkward smiles faded and an embarrassing moment came for a second.

"As you all might know, years ago Crusaders kidnapped me because of that dog traitor Sadaettin Kopek, well when I went back Sadaettin ran away and took shelter under Crusaders roof. He united with Noyan and his biggest target was Kayi Tribe because of the past and for Titus blood brother Bisol and his soldiers revenge too. But we managed to caught him and punish him but his games didn't ended with him. He was a snake and never opened his mouth. As I was involved in everything and played a huge part in everything our Sultan considered me suitable for this task."