18. Intentions

It was the day. It finally was the day Ertugrul kept the track of since he set his foot on Korkut Bey's land. Halime too was coming to witness the day but that wasn't the point, but it kind of actually was because her presence in the tent meant a pressure on Korkut Bey's head, a pressure to serve justice and make a fair decision.

Out of all the people, Sungurtekin wasn't really the one Ertugrul thought would stand as a volunteer for alp commander, he always thought he will be the one because Gundogdu was more of next bey of Kayi Tribe.

Due to Ertugrul's cold war with Tugtekin, he would say that it was his stubbornness to stand up against him but Sungurtekin taking the spot or more like Hayme telling him to take the spot made him jealous.

It was all a plan, but he didn't knew that. Sungurtekin, Gundogdu and Halime's plan. He didn't quite asked his brothers about what Halime talked to them about but he felt curious about it.

Halime didn't visited them too in that two weeks made him go crazy thinking and then he saw his brothers, making an effort, more like working on a plan to do something about Tugtekin, he felt left out but before he could confront them, Sungurtekin stood on his spot and he felt the burn.

"Ertugrul, you want Tugtekin off the Alp Commander spot, I get it and support it but you are already the war commander, proposing you again will be equal to losing the game again. Don't worry, are we staying here for long? No! After war-"

"And Ertugrul's wedding with Halime Sultan." Sungurtekin added an interruption as he chew on the almonds. Her mother gave him nothing but a hidden side smile but then there was Gokçe holding the spoon like she was going to stab Sungurtekin with it.

Ertugrul liked how in every situation, no one forgets about his wedding with Halime. After that half confession night, Ertugrul slept assured thinking she is his now and for his family too now Ertugrul and Halime's wedding held an importance as if they couldn't migrate before it.

"Yes, that too, so after Ertugrul's wedding who is saying that we are staying on these lands anymore?" Hayme's voice and attitude felt way more confident than it was used to be. Sungurtekin and Gundogdu's smiles looked more sharp than they were used to be.

"But what if circumstances change? Our people are getting better, our sheeps are healthier here. What if the wind turns to our side and good days come in such a way that we couldn't afford the migration at that time?" Gundogdu asked.

His question made a lot of sense, the better days were coming, the better season was coming and everyone could feel it as the war was approaching. War meant end of mongols and this time much to Sultan's cooperation and Halime's existence, people were very motivated, they were very peaceful and sure that this time, we will succeed.

"We will see at that time, maybe I'll give us spot of Bey position to anyone of you before we migrate or maybe after war, work with me, cooperate with me that's all i want."

This was the whole conversation that happened two days back. He knew he was jealous of his own brother, he thought if the intial plan is of Halime that Gundogdu and Sungurtekin are working on, he had alot of questions which he wanted to ask before he set his foot inside Korkut Bey's tent.

"Sungurtekin brother, we need to talk!" Ertugrul said entering his brother's tent but instead he met with three familiar faces. Two faces of his brothers, one of his lover, more like fiancee if he say it right.

They were talking, they were discussing, they definitely were before Ertugrul entered the tent, he heard them, they stopped just as he entered the tent.

He felt the shock, he let the shock take him in it deep, this was bad and he knew this. Bad in a sense that he was scared about Tugtekin, what if he understands the situation and couldn't control his anger? What if Halime is in it and he figure it out and harm her? Ertugrul's own anger was raising now.