12. Competition

Dodurga bey tent

"I want the alp commander to be from our tribe Tugtekin son. I want you to do this job. Your bravery is not hidden from anyone. You take care of the alps of both tribes." Korkut Bey stated as the bey family sat together for the breakfast.

Halime's announcement the previous night at the dinner appealed Korkut Bey alot. He had been thinking about it the whole night and wanted to present the glorious idea before his family.

"EyVallah baba! No one can stand against me and you know this." Tugtekin stated proudly and confidently. Obviously he always looked at Ertugrul as his competition and he knew well that it's only Ertugrul that have been defeating all the mongols with his alps.

One thing that both of them thought was that due to they did the favor of giving Kayi Tribe some space on their lands, they won't try to stand against Dodurga as a competition. Korkut Bey have always made sure that Kayi Tribe is under his pressure and one of her help in doing so have been his sister Hayme.

"This is an opportunity. An opportunity to get close to Sultan and closer to Halime Sultan too. I don't want you to miss this opportunity." Korkut Bey stated, giving a little glance at his wife beside him who gave him a smirk in return. Tugtekin understood by their little contact that they have discussed whatever they are talking about but the comment still seemed a little blur to him.

"I don't understand anything baba. What do you mean to say, what do I have to do with Halime Sultan? My only motive is to tell Ertugrul that me being Dorduga Tribe bey and Korkut Bey's son is alot powerful and better than him."

He answered and caught his father giggling. He had some plan that now Tugtekin wanted to know. He looked at Aytolun as he seeked answers now.

"Your baba really likes Halime Sultan and he considered it a good opportunity for you to steal her heart and make her yours Tugtekin son. She's a strong woman, obviously she deserve a strong man like you. You'll suit each other" Aytolun made it clear. Tugtekin raised an eyebrow at the idea and cleared his throat.

"But how can you say this? I love Gokçe and Ertugrul love Halime Sultan since such a long time and you both know this."

He answered even though he too liked the idea that was in his father's mind, what was a better way to torture Ertugrul but still he wanted to get more information out of his father and step mother.

"Don't act like a fool Tugtekin. We all know Gokçe loves Ertugrul and Halime is a Sultan kiz, she is intelligent and she'll choose whoever is more powerful. She is from Sultan family, she understands politics."

He completed and as Korkut Bey found his son lost in his thoughts and not looking at him, he took a hold of his hand, looking at him in his eyes now.

"Ertugrul, Gokçe and you, all three of you are standing on a one sided love. It's the time to get strong. It's the time to get the support. This will take us closer to Sultan and it will secure our tribe's position."

Tugtekin's eyes sparked with hope as his father finished his sentence and as if it wasn't enough Aytolun spoke her taking her husband's side.

"And as you said that you want to tell Ertugrul who is the most powerful here then maybe it's the best way to do so. Halime Sultan will choose you because you aren't stubborn and problematic like Ertugrul. She'll find you alot better than him and that will be Ertugrul's defeat other than that of the one in the ground of wars from you."

Aytolun definitely knew what Tugtekin wanted to hear the most. She took advantage of his competition with Ertugrul and used it against him. She was a snake for everyone, for Tugtekin too but she was better at manipulating.