4. Understanding

Halime laughed. The iconic annoyed laugh of hers that contain strong emotions and tears too. Ertugrul just stared right at her and then lowered his gaze when he saw those upcoming tears. He never saw her crying. She is always so strong. He don't even have the courage to see even one tear escaping her eyes.

Halime bit her lower lip, staring at Ertugrul holding back her tears.

"Truth, right?" "Truth!" "You want to know the truth!" Halime said chuckling as she folded her arms on her chest. Her voice had the disbelief she never expected to come for Ertugrul.

At last, her lips ended at a smirk and she looked at Ertugrul with heavy eyes. But she was never going to cry!

"Ertugrul Bey, look at me!" She commanded wanting to search the thing in his eyes, she is scared to find the most.

Halime commanded and Ertugrul did. Halime took a step forward for a clear view. Ertugrul have been few of those people whose brain she could read just by his eyes. His eyes, brain and tongue spoke the same from the really first day even when he didn't even knew her name.

She searched through his eyes and found none. The really first time, she saw them blank! Emotionless! She found nothing! Or was she making mistake in examining his eyes because of her pain? Was she the one, not looking deeply and finding the hidden love he is holding really hardly?

She didn't knew so she gave up!

"Out of all of those standing in that marquee, I thought that only you were the one who believed me and my every word but I really just 'thought' that. Isn't it?"

"You are here, standing right infront of me to know the truth... because you think that I lied there!"

"I lied and fooled everyone but know this Ertugrul! Know this that there's nothing more to the story which I would like to tell you or anyone else. Know this!"

She was having enough of him. He barely spoke two words since he came in her tent but by his tone Halime understood him.

"I want to know the truth!"

Okay then here's the truth on a platter from Halime Sultan.

Ertugrul wanted to tell Halime to stop talking non sense and listen to him but the words he was going to speak wasn't his words. It was Gundogdu's words with some garnish of Selcan and Gokçe's jealousy, Sulyeman Şah's pride and safety of tribe along with fear of Sultan.

He had options to discard those words and say something else. Something like...

"It was a really beautiful day. A really calm one. The day I met you. I went on hunt with no expectations to even find a hunt but suddenly a very beautiful gazelle caught my sight. That beautiful eyed gazelle swept away my feet and made me join it's path. I was about to kill it but that gazelle threw me in the sea of love and burned my heart with fire of love and took me towards you."

"What I'm trying to tell you is.... I know the circumstances around us aren't normal. You being from Sultan's family came out unexpected but I know you as the pure and beautiful soul you are, Halime."

"I want you to stay with me. Be the Sultan of my heart, mother of my children and my companion till the end. I'll fight for you and for our love till the last breathe. No one can take you away from me. Don't worry!"

.... But none of these words came out of his mouth. The words she expected and wanted to hear. The words that his eyes spoke from the really first day. She knew he isn't the one to get scared. To step back. To betray. But him not saying anything till now was just lowering her blood pressure.