13. Alp Commander

Caravansaray (The day of meeting)

Bey of different tribes were sitting in the hall of caravansary. Pre meeting discussions were going on. Everyone seemed to be really happy about the step from Sultan, the lands were their future and removal of Mongols from those lands meant alot knowing they weren't capable to do it for so many years.

Korkut bey and Tugtekin were representing Dodurga Tribe in the meeting and Hayme Hatun, Gundogdu, Ertugrul and Sungurtekin were representatives of Kayi Tribe.

Everyone in the hall was able to sense the tension between both tribes and uncomfortability of Hayme. When in tribe Korkut Bey requested Hayme to accompany them to meeting to represent Dodurga, Gundogdu jumping into the conversation said they aren't going to the meeting and Korkut Bey and Tugtekin thought they are backing up, not participating and they were so happy about it but when Kayi arrived in the hall, it was a shock. Hayme was angry at her sons, at their behavior and wanted to apologize to her brother..She was even thinking to support and go and sit with Korkut Bey.

"You all are embarrassing me infront of my own brother." She gritted to her sons who sat beside her. No one replied to her, knowing it wasn't the best idea at the moment.

Halime's alp who Ertugrul recognize as Mavi and Ayaz entered and greeted everyone. It was an indication for everyone to settle down at their places.

Within another minute, Halime entered the hall having a small smile on her face. Her posture confident, strong and elegant at the same time. She walked towards her seat which was placed in between the rows of tribal chiefs. When she came to a stop in front of her seat, she greeted everyone by pressing a hand on her chest while everyone greeted back.

She gave a nod to Mavi and took her place as Mavi Hatun did the same but on Halime's right side. Ertugrul noticed the details.

She indicated the Mullah to recite a Surah from the Quran before starting the meeting. It was her small and simple gestures and details that made people love her. Everyone remember her as the fierce one, strong one but Ertugrul was the one who knew her soft side better than anyone.

Just as the recitation was over, the Mullah moved to translate the meaning of the Surah. In the meantime while listening Ertugrul looked over at Tugtekin and found him smiling the whole time looking at Halime which annoyed Ertugrul more than anything. Tugtekin started liking her and that was obvious.

"Someone please tell him to keep his teeths inside or I will break them with my punch and he will regret his whole life for this and he will live with no teeths then Gokçe too won't marry him." Ertugrul murmured to Sungurtekin who followed his direction of sight and saw Tugtekin.

"Don't start here brothers! We are in a meeting! A very important one!" Gundogdu warned that made Ertugrul realize that maybe he didn't murmured it in a low voice.

"Starting with the 99 names of Allah, who is the most powerful and the most merciful, who lighten our hearts with the power and light of belief. May this meeting be successful and may the decision be beneficial for the future of Turks. May the decision be based on justice and equality and result in removal of Mongols from these lands. Ameen." Mullah concluded with a simple prayer which was much needed to remind everyone. Justice! Freedom!

SONSUZA KADAR ADALET
SONSUZA KADAR HURRIYET

"Brave Turk Beys! And my strong Hatuns! Our Sultan Kiliç Arsalan sent his Salam for all of you."

Halime started to whom everyone replied with pressing their hands on their chests.

"Mongols are everywhere, this is not a news to everyone. They are attacking again and again and everyone is really disturbed because of them. Some tribes got divided, some got lost, there's so much that happened in these past three years. You lost alot because of them."