14. The Lunch

It was a chaotic and quite early morning in both Kayi and Dodurga Tribe as Hayme out of nowhere thought to have a breakfast with her brother and invited him over in the tent. She wanted to talk to him as since the caravansaray meeting which was five days back, her brother haven't talked to her.

Ertugrul on the other hand was the alp commander in the war but wasn't the alp commander of the tribe and that was the reason Tugtekin was trying to give him the hardest time possible but Ertugrul was taking all with a calm heart knowing his cousin's jealous ass.

Ertugrul was aware about his cousin's thoughts and intentions, though he wasn't much aware about his thoughts about Halime which were growing because of the competition, because of the fact she chose Ertugrul over him or him trying to grow closer to her because he thought that he was trying to impress just to be the alp commander.

Ertugrul and Halime after the meeting which was five days back, didn't met even for once. They didn't even talked after the meeting and that teased Ertugrul and he wanted either one reason for Halime to come to tribe knowing he can't tell his mother to invite her because of her mother's attitude with him since few days or he need to find an excuse to visit her in caravansary, you know work as a team, get the plans ready.

"Do I have permission to enter?" Abdul Rehman's voice dragged everyone out of the uncomfortable silence they were having.

"Come in Abdul Rehman!" Korkut Bey said taking a bite of his bread clearly uninterested in what have come up.

Abdul Rehman entered and fighting a smile he greeted and then turned his head towards Ertugrul. Ertugrul didn't knew what was that smile for. Hell, he didn't even ever saw Abdul Rehman smiling like that.

"Halime Sultan would like to see you in the caravansaray for the lunch, Ertugrul Bey!"

The news was enough to make Ertugrul blush as a huge smile appeared on Ertugrul's face and he didn't even tried to hide it from anyone, let everyone or anyone tease him, he was happy. Though three faces looked so pale, Gokçe's, Korkut Bey's and Tugtekin's. Selcan and Sungurtekin were quick to notice.

"Only if are available... she said to must add this as the invitation is on such short notice." Abdul Rehman completed and available?? Was that even a question when it comes to Ertugrul in Halime's case.

Korkut Bey knew the addition of the sentence that Abdul Rehman just said was a chance for him. A chance for him to use so that later he don't have to face his son's bitter comments. "But Ertugrul have things to do in tribe. Today is meeting, he also have to start training alps from both tribes, check the quality of swords and arrows for the war."

"I'm in the meeting, I'll speak and attend the meeting on Ertugrul's behalf!" Gundogdu announced quickly and quite casually, he tried to look normal like he wasn't covering Ertugrul or anything. "Our opinion matches and we talked about this the last night, I pretty much know his thoughts." Gundogdu added.

"Plus about the alps, we have to first choose which alps are even capable of appearing in the war and to get training and that's what Ertugrul's alps are doing, Ertugrul don't have to do every little thing. We are not talent hunting here and about the sword and bows..."

Sungurtekin interrupted, clearing his throat and sitting straight. "I can do that, I know about the QUALITY quite well. Everything will be according to the QUALITY just like our CHOSEN alp commander."

As much as Selcan, Sungurtekin, Gonca Gul, Ertugrul and Gundogdu tried to stiffen their laughs, they were doing a pretty bad job at it. Hayme was not definitely not happy again as she recieved some pretty good stares from her brother while Tugtekin just bumped his fist into the table at the indirect humiliation.