9. The Surprise

The alps allowed the trio in the tribe after checking the man who looked exactly how you expect a fine trader to look like along with two women whose faces were covered with veils and was said to be trader's sister and wife.

"What next we have to do, sultana'm?" The man asked in a whisper as the three of them started walking further into the tribe towards the tribe market.

The female voice replied, the Sultana, the woman in simple black gown and black veil replied in the same whisper tone, "Observe Ayaz. Observe." To which the man, Ayaz nodded. The other woman nodded too and looked around, taking the environment of Dodurga Tribe which looked quite peaceful, early in the morning, her eyes stopped to look at the woman beside her, the sultana, and her eyes searching for something..... or someone.

A grin appeared on her lips which because of the veil no one could see, and she drew a little closer to her so that her whisper would be audible. "Are you looking for something?" She teased as she knew who she was looking for. Being her best friend she knew.

"Yes!....." the woman replied and heard a giggle escape Ayaz and stopped walking as she faced both of them. "No... I mean we are here for a mission, Mavi." The smile never left Ayaz's and Mavi's face which teased her more. "Ahh Ayaz!! Ahh Mavi! Stop grinning like stupids and move, if you notice anything suspicious..."

"Or anyone handsome and brave named Ertugrul... we should inform you." Mocked Ayaz and earned a stare from the sultana.

As the veil covered her entire face except for eyes, she rolled her eyes at Ayaz. "You know I'm wearing this veil and dress so that no one recognize me and they can't even tell me to pick my veil up because it would be a disgrace otherwise if I would've been in my normal clothes, I would've beat you so bad till now and no disgrace would be compared to that." She warned in the most bold voice anyone would've ever heard. Her boldness from her voice and eyes looked like a symbol. Her symbol.

"Okay Sultana!" Ayaz straightened as some alps passed by them, thoroughly checking them from their eyes.

"I prefer us to spilt but that will draw suspicions so maybe we should stay together." Suggested Mavi.

"Or we can split in two like you women together and me being a man alone." Suggested Ayaz to which he received a nod from the Sultana.

"We should do that and remember that we have to fit in this environment for Allah knows how many more months so observe each and every little thing because it'll help us connect with their alps and nature."

Both, Ayaz and Mavi nodded. "Go use some traders knowledge Ayaz!" With that Mavi gave his shoulder a pat and Ayaz went away.

The women found some tribe woman standing and decided to go towards them and interact.

______________________________________________

The breakfast was being served at the Bey table. Korkut Bey family and Kayi Family sat together.

"It's been long since our tribe haven't seen any happiness, any joy. I'm thinking to arrange something for our people, they want a refreshing atmosphere too. What you say Gundogdu oğul'm?" Asked Korkut Bey followed by a cough. His sickness have gotten worse and the medications that Artuk Bey gave didn't seemed to work. Aytolun helped him with taking a gulp of water.

"InshAllah uncle,...." Sungurtekin interrupted Gundogdu by clearing his throat. "Ama, our people can't get a refreshing atmosphere when these Mongols are already here to pollute our lands."

Gundogdu straightened his back. One thing he hated the most was getting interrupted by either Sungur or Ertugrul as he considered them younger from him and saw himself more suitable as a representative of tribe at such matters.