Chapter Two: What does Loki want?

I was on the Hellicarrier waiting for the Avengers to arrive. And Fury told me I'm supposed to be one too. Not what I wanted but I can't argue. Well, I can but that won't get me anywhere. I watched as the carrier lift itself out of the water and into the air. This will never cease to amaze me. Natasha Romanoff, Steve and Doctor Bruce Banner entered the control room and looked around while Fury gave out orders.

Once we were in the air, he told everyone to make the carrier vanish and that's what they did. Now no one knows we're in the air. Steve gave me ten dollars. Wow, I won my first bet. Coulson told Steve and Bruce what they were doing to find Loki which was hacking into every wireless camera in the world. Bruce told Fury what he needed to find the Tesseract. Natasha took him to his new lab. No Stark, however.

I ignored it for the most part. Soon, Loki was found in Stuttgart, Germany. He wasn't hiding. Odd. I got everything I needed for battle, Steve got suited up and we went to Germany. He was in his armour plus a cape and a helmet with bendy horns. He was ready to kill an elderly man but Steve saved him. The three of us started fighting.

He's strong for a lanky and skinny man, I'll give him that now I'm more alert than last time. We soon heard music and Tony Stark came and stopped Loki. He surrendered. That was too easy. We took him to the Quinn Jet with Natasha and we flew off. I watched Loki while Steve and Tony talked. Loki has blue eyes. Beautiful ice blue eyes that hold pain, sadness that he's trying to hide with his ego and thirst for power.

Overall, he's kinda cute, not to mention handsome. What am I saying? He's trying to take over and I'm swooning over him? Besides, when did love get me anywhere? My parents never loved me. I know that because I was sent to HYDRA. Awful place. I was taken out of my thoughts when we heard thunder. Loki seemed scared. Steve asked him about it and all he said was:

"I'm not overly fond of what follows."

Well, what followed was another Asgardian we would be later be introduced as Thor. Oh! His brother. Thor took Loki and flew off. I am not fighting anymore God's today so I stayed and Tony and Steve went after the brothers. We all met at the Carrier with Loki. He was put in a glass cell and we all watch from the security cameras Fury's and Loki's conversation.

"In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass," Fury opened a space under Loki revealing nothing but the world underneath the Carrier, "it's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury closed the trap to the outside and motioned to Loki, "ant," he motioned to the controls, "Boot."

Loki chuckled, "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh, I've heard," Loki looked straight at the camera, "a mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something," Fury said walking off and the security camera turned off.

God, that mans voice is calm and hypnotizing. I like it.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asked.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, whar's his play?" Steve asked Thor.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract," Thor explained.

"An army from outer space," I said.

"So, he's building another portal," Bruce said, "that's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?" Thor asked.

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours," Nat said.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him," Steve said, "he's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats," Bruce said, "You can smell crazy on him."

"He actually smells like vanilla and old books," everyone looked at me, "what? I like to you know a thing or two about my enemies. Might come in handy."

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he's my brother," Thor said.

"He killed eighty people in two days," Nat said.

"He's adopted."

"I think it's about the mechanics," Bruce said, "Iridium... What do they need the Iridium for?"

"It's a stabilising agent," Tony said walking in and talking to Coulson,

He left and Tony kept explaining, "it means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D.. No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing," Tony said patting Thor's arm, "Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long, as Loki wants."

Tony then went off-topic. Honestly, he was acting like he had a few drinks before coming to us. He did ask how Fury saw the screens on the side with only one eye and Agent Hill answered that he turns.

Back on topic, "the rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high-energy-density. Something to kick-start the Cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill asked.

"Last night," Tony said, "the packet, Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?"

"I did," I said.

"Masky, you're smart."

"Not like I have a choice."

"Anyway," Steve said interrupting us, "Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?"

"He would have to heat the Cube to 120-million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier," Bruce said.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilise the quantum tunnelling effect," Tony said.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy-ion fusion at any reactor on the planet."

"Finally, someone who speaks English."

Tony said hi to Bruce and how he loved his work and how he can lose control and turn into a huge rage monster. Fury came in explaining that Bruce is only here to track the Tesseract and had hoped Tony would help. And he would like to know how Loki turned two of the sharpest men he knew into his own flying monkeys. Tony and Bruce went to find out. Me, I just hung around.