Chapter Three: Loki's plan

Well, safe to say Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. Are in a bit of a pickle. Tony, Bruce and Steve learned about Phase 2. Phase 2 is a plan to use the Tesseract as a weapon. I had no part in it and it's none of my business. Also, Natasha told everyone Loki wants to unleash the Hulk. Me, Thor and Nat walked in to witness the argument.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit," Steve said.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked Nat.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Nat asked.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed," Bruce said.

"Loki is manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what, exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of him," Fury said pointing at Thor.

"Me?" Thor asked.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the Cube?" Steve asked.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war," Thor said.

"A higher form?" I asked.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something," Fury said.

"A nuclear deterrent," Tony said, "Because that always calms everything down."

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark," Fury said.

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep..." Steve said.

"Wait, wait. Hold on. How is this now about me?" Tony asked.

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?"

Everyone started arguing to the point I couldn't focus on the conversation. I stayed out of it and ignored it. That was until Bruce spoke up and took Loki's sceptre that was in the room. He put it down after Steve told him to and apologised that we wouldn't be able to see his party trick. Soon enough, the Tesseract was found.

But no one is going after it because THEY WERE ALL STILL ARGUING ABOUT WHO WOULD GET IT AND WHERE IT BELONGED AND STEVE WAS STILL CHALLENGING TONY TO A FIGHT! It ended when an explosion came through the ventilation knocking us all backwards or through a window or through the flor where the explosion came from. I fell with Nat and Bruce.

We heard on communications that engine three had exploded from the inside and it was impossible to make repairs while in the air. Fury checked on us and Nat said we were okay but I think Bruce isn't. Nat was trapped under something, I was okay and Bruce's breathing was strained. Nat told me to leave and help the others.

I happily did because no way do I want to be in the same room with someone who might turn into the Hulk at any moment. Good thing too because, not long after, I hear the Hulk roar. I reached engine three with Steve and Tony. Tony got to work getting in the propeller and told me and Steve to look at the control panel to see which relays are in an overload position. I climbed and Steve jumped.

Steve opened the panel to see what was wrong. Good thing for us, everything was intact. We told Tony that and he told us the engine couldn't start on its own without a boost so he'd have to push it. That would shred him! But, there was a red leaver we can push to slow it down long enough for him to get out. We went over to it and waited for Tony to tell us when to pull it. Well, then some enemies came and distracted us.

We shot at them and they shot back. And, to make things worse, another engine went down and the Hellicarrier started falling. Steve and I were still busy but he slipped and almost flew away but he held onto a wire. I kept shooting. Finally, engine three was back and Tony told us to pull the lever. We're still busy! Steve got back where he was and pulled the lever. Tony saved us from the guy shooting at us but he was very beaten up. We left him waiting too long.

We finally got to relax though. Then we got bad news. Agent Coulson is dead. My best friend, dead? Loki. I went to where Loki's cell was and stared at the closed hatch. Coulson was the first person to find me and, after joining S.H.I.E.L.D., we became friends. He was the second person to see my face and he was unphased. He has been an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D. for a long time so he's probably seen it all. Soon, Steve and Tony joined me.

"Was he married?" Steve asked.

"No. There was a cellist, I think," I said.

"I'm sorry," Steve said, "He seemed like a good man."

"He was an idiot," Tony said.

"Why?" Steve asked, "For believing?"

"For taking on Loki alone."

"He was doing his job," I said.

Tony scoffed, "he was out of his league. He should've waited. He should've..."

"Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony," Steve said.

"Right, I've heard that before."

"Is this the first time you lost a soldier?"

"We are not soldiers! I'm not marching to Fury's fife."

"Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does. But, right now, we got to put that behind us and get this done. Now, Loki needs a power source. If we can put together a list..."

"He made it personal," I interrupted.

"That's not the point," Steve said

"That is the point. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why?"

"To tear us apart."

"Yeah, divide and conquer is great but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience."

"Right, we caught his act in Stuttgart."

"Yeah, that was just previews. This is opening night. And Loki, he's a full-tilt diva, right? He wants flowers, he wants parades. He wants a monument built to the skies with his name plastered..."

Steve gave us a look. We know where he's going and Tony built it. Stark Towers.

"Son of a bitch."