Chapter Eleven: Ultron's new body

It's nighttime now and we were in the kitchen. Director Fury had come to the safe house to most likely talk with us. Although he isn't a Director of anyone anymore. S.H.I.E.L.D. was shut down a while after I joined the Avengers. I don't think he trusts me yet so I more or less hid behind (Y/N). If I've learned anything about Director Fury it's don't get on his bad side.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time," Fury explained, "my contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"He still going after launch codes?" Tony asked.

"Yes, he is," Fury said, "but he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare."

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that."

"NEXUS?" I asked confused.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo," Bruce told me, "every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth."

"So what'd they say?" Clint asked

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed," Fury said

"By whom?" Tony asked

"Parties unknown," Nick said.

"Do we have an ally?" (Y/N) asked.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing," Fury told her, "still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo," Tony said "find our 'unknown.'"

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that," Nat said

"I do," Fury said, "I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream of. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. Whether or not he admits it. His mission is global destruction. All this layed in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk," I said smirking.

"You know what, Loki?" Steve said while I just smiled mischievously at him.

"So what does he want?" Nick asked.

"To become better," Steve said, "better than us. He keeps building bodies."

"Person bodies," Tony said, "the human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed," Nat said to Tony and Bruce

"They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve," Bruce said

"How?" Fury asked.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

Safe to say that was a big no. We haven't been in contact with her since we first met Ultron. At least I haven't. We tried anyway but that wasn't an option. We got in the Quinn Jet, dropped off Tony and went to Tokyo to see what was happening with Doctor Cho. We heard over the coms that Ultron was making a body and uploading himself into it. And they were using the gem in my sceptre to possibly give it life.

Well, getting that sceptre back isn't an option anymore. We had to get the cradle the body was into Tony. Well, first we need to catch Ultron while he escapes with it in a truck. Myself, Clint, Nat and (Y/N) were in the Quinn Jet watching said truck drive off. Clint confirmed that there were three in the back with the cradle and one driving. We would take out the driver but if the truck crashed, the gem could blow up the city.

So we need to draw Ultron out. We watched Steve jump on the roof of the truck and start a fight with Ultron. We just flew after them as Steve struggled. Nat and (Y/N) dropped out of the jet on a motorbike and assisted Steve. Still in the jet, Clint and I drew off the ones guarding the cradle. It wasn't a pleasant ride. We lost them but it turned out they went for the cradle in the trailer. They started to fly away with it. Clint got a clear shot of the trailer but he didn't shoot.

(Y/N) and Nat were still in the back. Now we're going to try to pick up the cradle. They pushed it out of the trailer and we caught it in the Jet. But we only got the cradle. Nat and (Y/N) were taken by Ultron. I tried to save (Y/N) but I didn't make it. I slipped out a swear as I watched Ultron take her away. Clint closed the door and went back to the tower. I leaned over the cradle angry at myself that I let Ultron take (Y/N). It's not because of her mission to watch me, it's that I couldn't even protect her.

After the kindness she's shown, me I want to make sure she's safe. We arrived back at the tower, Clint and I took the cradle to Tony's lab and the two of us started to look for the girls. Soon we did. They sent a message in Morse Code and we saw where they were. The HYDRA fortress in Sokovia! My question is how does (Y/N) always end up back in HYDRA? Misfortune I suppose. We soon heard some commotion. Steve and the Maximoff twins were here.

Clint shot through the glass making the male Maximoff fall through. I saw Thor walk in. Using his lightning, he hit the cradle with it and nothing happened. Until Thor was blown off the cradle and the body inside came out. It was quite clearly male, purple skin, metal patterns around the body and an orange gem on his forehead. He seemed confused.

Almost as quickly as he came out, he launched himself at Thor who just threw him to the window but he stopped himself before hitting the glass. He could fly. He flew over to us, an army green, skintight suit, forming around him.

"I'm sorry, that was... odd," he said in Jarvis' voice.