「3」noah couldn't accept it , it had been his fault .

Present

alessandro went off to his office that had been situated at the end of the hallway, the light to his office already had been on so he assumed noah is there.

noah already had been pacing back and forth inside the office , "brother stop pacing." alessandro commands as he shuts the office door, "are you sure it's safe to have adriana here with us." noah questions as he stops pacing.

alessandro had wondered the same thing , "noah , she isn't safe with our mother." he begins to say.

alessandro always been the rational and leader of the hernandez brothers, "and what makes you so sure she isn't safe from me?" noah looked to his older brother , he was more impulsive than alessandro , and he didn't trust himself.

"it wasn't your fault, it could've been anyone." alessandro responds stoically as the memories surfaced.

noah couldn't accept it, it had been his fault.

"you have to move forward." alessandro says, he hated to see his younger brother blame himself over an incident that was never his fault.

"i don't deserve to hold our princess." noah confesses as he looks down in shame, "if that is how you feel, i won't stop you."

finally it had been the next day , adriana awaken slowly from her slumber , it had taken her a few seconds to register her surrounding till she began to cry.

it was fortunate that alessandro was already making his way to his sister's room, before he heard her cries.

alessandro rushes to her bedroom and notices her in a tangle mess of blankets as she was sitting up against the headboard.

her eldest brother made his way and sat on the edge of her bed, "mommy" adriana cries out while looking to her eldest brother.

alessandro couldn't understand why she wanted her mother , even after the amount of traumas she's been put through.

"no mommy isn't here, bubba is here." alessandro speaks gently as he brushes the strands of adria's hair to the side , "shh, baby it's alright, you're safe now." he continues before he lifts adria onto his lap.

adriana's puffy red eyes faced alessandro as he wipes away her tears , a few moments later he led adriana to the kitchen.

noah rushed off as he saw the two approaching , alessandro gave adriana a plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs on the side before he helped himself to two pieces of buttered toast.

adriana didn't understand why she was being fed again, didn't she eat last night? did her brother allow her to eat again.

adriana was afraid to say anything so she begins to eat the food presented in front of her, it tasted like heaven, "yummy" she says in delight as she scarfs the pancakes down, "princess eat it slowly or you may choke." he says with concern, she felt embarrassed and so she ate slower , and he had been pleased to see that.

alessandro had been wondering when the 'call' from his mother would be, or how long it'll be till she realises her daughter is missing.

after the little girl finished everything off her plate, she begins to bring them to the sink but to her dismay she wasn't able to reach the top without a step stool.

her older brother noticed, and didn't want her to hurt herself , so he held her waist as she puts the dishes in the sink , "I clean?" she asks as her brother sets her down to the ground.

alessandro frowned at the remark, "no, that isn't your job." he says as he gives her a pat on the head, "m'okay" she says still not use to things being done for her.

alessandro had wondered when to enroll her into kindergarten , he dismissed the thought and compiled an outfit for his sister to wear .

noah had taken a stroll in their garden , reminiscing on their childhood , it felt like it was only yesterday when adriana was out in the garden picking pebbles up , or smelling the flowers .

adriana ventured outside the manor , and she was amazed at everything , from the tall pillars to the rows of rose bushes , and peaches .

then she notices a tall man with brown hair standing among the rows of roses , she wanted to run up to the man but she kept her distance , he seemed familiar to her but she didn't remember who he was , she felt bad .

she crept along the garden trail , each stone she stepped on she etched closer to the brown haired man . noah had been oblivious to his little sister watching him , he was consumed in his thoughts before he realised adriana was a few feet away from him .

he quickly turned away , and ran off before adriana could reach him .

adriana felt a pang of hurt in her chest , why did he run she wonders , was it cause i smell ? she thought and sniffed herself , but she resumed to her garden adventures .

noah hid behind a peach tree as he watched his baby sister from the distance , he felt bad for running away from her but it was what he taught himself to do , he couldn't interact with her .

last time he did , she was shot .

published: 7.31.21

vote

follow

comment

enjoy :)