「1 4」s o r r y

A D R I A N A

4 hrs ago
The plane started getting closer to the ground, i was sure that we'd crash! how does the pilot know when to land? at such a precise time..
"noa wow!" i say bracing myself for the landing, it was a smooth ride, i wanted to go again! but we have finally made it to London.
"bubs, did you know that you were conceived here." uncle noah says, "sorry? huh" i ask confused, "ah! i mean, your daddy used to live here." noah says, realising his mistake, in hope that his niece does not catch on.

We made it out the terminal, but I already been sleeping.
Present
The taxi drove us to this big, gigantic, hotel. i was in awe, "you see this kid? your dad owns this too." noah says, "wow! that's so cool..and he's my dad?" i could not believe that he is so cool.
the elevators to the top floor, we were roomed at 7037, apparently the first numbers means the floor number you're on.. i never would have thought of it that way.
uncle noah begins to explain the plan for tomorrow, and blah blah before I tuned him out looking at the decorations, everything was so pretty and shiny.
"noa can we call daddy" i start to say, beginning to miss him already. i know it's been only a few hours, not even a day. daddy must think I'm a clingy baby.
"sure kid" uncle hands me his phone as he already dialed daddy.
"hello, this is alessandro herandez speaking" hearing daddy's voice in such a different way.. was weird. "hii! dadddy" I say, not bothering with formality.
"ah! hello sweetie" he goes, and with that his voice changes, umph! "daddy we made it to one of your hotels" i tell him about our travels here, and how I miss him, then he wants me to promise that i will be a good girl for uncle noah.
"okay daddy i promise!" i said, handing the phone back to uncle, since he asked for uncle.
i went off to go explore more of the hotel room, who knows someone could leave money in a bible, hehe.

the next day came by quickly, I was in awe with everything, lots of ladies called me cute and adorable, then some tried to give me snacks, but uncle noah kept holding onto the snacks. He says that the snacks are for later, but I want them now! since when does uncle listen to what daddy says about me not having snack at a certain time.. I'll still have room for the meal in my tummy!
today we decided we will just go walking, and visit who knows where, uncle doesn't really like to plan things out, if we something interesting we will go see what it is!
We came across an aquarium, decided to go check it out... well we did find out that I have some allergies to the aroma in the sea animal smell..
My head starts to hurt and everything gets blurry the more I look at the fishies moving about in their aquarium, "uncle i don't feel well." i say, so we stopped midway and gotten out of the aroma filling area.

"are you feeling better now?" uncle asks, with lots of concern, i couldn't really say anything since my tummy starts to hurt.
was this all cause of seeing some fishies!?
"oh im sorry babes" he says looking really sad, i vomited.
N O A H

oh my gosh! i was in agony just seeing my niece being in pain, then she vomited on me.
i was startled at first, me and vomit don't really mix, but somehow my paternal instinct took over, and in the end, I called for a driver, and took her to get cleaned.
whilst she was getting examined by the nurses, I went to the bathroom, there still had been some vomit residue on me, i toss the shirt away and pants too.
i was able to get some used clothes from the nurses. After cleaning myself, I checked myself once more in the mirror to check I didn't miss anything.
"well, Mr.Herandez, it looks like your niece caught a stomach bug." one of the doctor says, "ah." i say, her dad is going to definitely kill me.
i couldn't believe that.. I caused her pain again, just the thoughts of what had taken place years ago still haunts me.
It's almost as if she's such a fragile porcelain doll that could easily break by a lift of one finger.
well our day wasn't planned at all, but we had to stay back at the hotel. We ended up watching some Aladdin, Frozen 2, and Sing 2. I also messaged, alessandro about his daughter's health, of course he was worried, but due to some circumstances he couldn't come.
Adria still had been in agonizing pain, i already given her some stomach issue reliever kind of pain pills? i don't know the generic terms for them.
Even though our day had been ruined by the stomach bug, I was able to still make her enjoy the day. Due to her being sick, I was able to rent out the pool for an hour. "Ready?" I ask, grabbing a bag full of who knows what could go wrong materials.
"yes!" she says, "oh hey I like that swimsuit" I say, noticing it was the one I got for her birthday. she blushed a little, she still isn't used to being complimented so much. "uncle, when did you work out-" she starts to say, but facepalms as she remembers that I work out almost everyday.
We took the elevator down to the pool. She did a big jump into the pool, splashing me, before I was able to get into the water.
"Uncle why isn't anyone here" she starts to ask, "I rented out this space for an hour." i respond, "ohh, that's so cool" she says.
Looking at her, I came to realize that she is a very special little niece of mine. anything she wants? she could possibly get at the tip of her finger.. except for North Korea. we can't buy that province, we aren't that rich enough.
"uncle??!" she says trying to get my attention.
"yes my lovely" i retorted, "let's play pool basketball" she says, throwing the water basketball.
time really flies when you're having fun, soon it was 6 at night. We went into the fitting rooms located inside the pool area. "Bubs you think you can handle it?" I ask, she never does anything alone.

"yeah! i can change by myself" she says confidently, as she disappears into the women's' fitting room. i threw on some casual black tee shirt, along with some grey khakis. An old memory started to resurface as i pictured her face.
__ We were sitting outside of the restaurant, when a shooting star came across the sky. "Make a wish!" I say excitedly, it's not everyday I get to witness a shooting star with the love of my life. "Done!" she says with a huge smile to her face, revealing her two dimples. I felt fuzzy and warm inside, just thinking about how beautiful she is. The music started to play a slow melody of 'Until I found you"  By Stephen Sanchez, "Luella Vesper, will you do the honours and dance with me." i say, Lulu was quite happy, and she accepted my hands gracefully. "Happy 19th birthday, love." i whisper into her ear as we danced to the slow music. ".." she didn't say anything but remained serene as the music continues.
i shook my head, trying to forget the memory. i ended up staring into the abyss, and that's when the voice of my niece broke me out of the trance.
"uncle! the real  question is, are YOU able to handle being alone" she says now barging her way into the men's fitting room.
"oh, you're all dressed but why are you just standing in here." she questions. I tried to give her a warm smile, but I failed. the resurfaced memories of her made me weak.
"Uncle? are you okay?" adriana asks, grabbing onto my left hand. "eh? yeah. I'm alright" i say, as we exited the pool area.
'I don't want to say goodbye, because this one means forever. Now you're in the stars and six feet's never felt so far.' -Benson Boone
A D R I A N A
i love uncle so much, he always is there to cheer me up, even if it feels like the world is against me. but, after we departed into the fitting rooms. He was taking a really long time, and so i went to check up on him, but even arriving to see him, he looked different, he looks sad, i never seen him sad.
why is he sad? are the thoughts that were occupying my mind. Even though he says he's fine, i know he isn't. but why won't he just be honest? maybe we aren't that close.
seeing uncle sad, and knowing he is sad but won't tell me, made me upset. when we got to the hotel room, he told me that he had to go do something, so I was left to myself in the room.
Once uncle was completely gone from the room, i made my way into his bedroom. I know snooping is bad, but hey i'm just a kid.
There has to be something around here that gives an answer.
I rummaged through his drawers, suitcase, then the last place i wouldn't even think of looking is a book??!!
I hate reading books, as I flipped through the books, a photograph fell out. Aha, so people really do stash stuff inside books..
I put the photograph in perfect light, and it was uncle noah and some girl next to him, he looks so young then, and so did she. The girl in the photo, had medium length hair, and ginger colour, with green eyes, she . In another words, is beautiful!
Maybe there is something to do with the photo? i turned the photograph and the back of it reads; 'i was lost within darkness but then i found her. I found you' L & N .
Sooo this girl is uncle's girlfriend? but where is she? did they break up? so many questions ran through my head I didn't even realize that uncle was back from who knows where.
"adriana." he says, without missing a beat out of being startled i tossed the book in the air and the photograph remains in my grasp.
"Where did you get that." uncle quickly says getting to my side, as he snatches the photo from my hand. oh no.. he sounds really mad.
i never seen him mad.
"i was just snooping" i say staring at the ground, hiding the tears brimming.
"well you can't just go snooping, that's disrespectful" he starts to say, "is that all you saw?" he continues, "yeah." i responded, "Adriana. I need you to look at me when I'm talking to you" he sternly says, my gaze slowly meets his eyes, "Yes, that's all." i said, "Get out." He says, gesturing towards the door, "Uncle I'm sorry! i wanted to know why you were upset.. im sorry" i start to say, but without his expression changing, i made my way out of his bedroom. i guess curiosity kills the cat. i felt bad, for even snooping, and for making uncle so mad at me, i thought he'd be okay with it.. but guess not.
i already started to cry, but i went into the bathroom to get myself together.
i want daddy.. i didn't mean to make uncle so mad, i just wanted to find away to cheer him up.. i didn't mean to make him mad..
obviously, i went to spy on him.
he just looked so blank, with nothing to his expressions. firmly holding that photograph as well.
"adriana i know you're there." he says suddenly, i got nervous, and ran away.
im in so much trouble.

published: 8.23.22
edited: 11.6.22

c o m m e n t
v o t e
f o l l o w