「5」r e c o n i c l e

noah had gotten out the shower, and wrapped a towel around his waist, and began to pick up the book he started to read, 'ash of mora' he had been flipping through the pages as he heard tiny footsteps, and he gradually looked to the entrance of his bedroom door, and there was adriana.

'isn't she quite bold' he thought, ever since the incident he assumed she would avoid him, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

somehow, his instinct to run away had vanished, he kept calm, and instead he set his book aside, and walked towards his baby sister.

"i! i sorry, i go now" adriana began to make her way out of the room but before she could, noah grabbed onto her, "you can't leave just like that, after barging into my room." noah says as his face was only a few inches away from hers, his wet hair was slightly dripping , and he saw how flustered adriana had gotten, "am i in twouble" adriana quietly asks as she tries not to cry with noah gripping onto her small arms.

noah quickly noticed the discomfort and was fast to release her from his grasp, his face falls into a midst of emotions, "im sorry." he says sincerely, he had hurt her twice in a day.

"is okay" she says in a whispery voice, "you can't sleep?" he asks, "..no" she responds.

"want me to read you a story?" noah asks as he guides his baby sister to his king size bed, adriana stayed quiet and didn't say anything.

she was scared, she didn't know what to expect, is it really the same man who pushed her away?

she became uneasy, she didn't want to feel like that again. noah helped his baby sister onto his bed as he placed his hands onto her small waist, adriana never felt so awkward before, the only affection she would receive is from alessandro.

noah removed the covers and allowed adriana to slip into his bed, and he went to his bookshelf and grabbed her once favorite, 'the tale of the greedy dragon'

adriana's eyes lit up when she saw the story book, she vaguely remembers the book, but she knew it was her favorite.

noah carefully sat next to her, and it had been awhile since he's shown anyone any form of affection, even sitting near someone made him uncomfortable but he would endure it.

when alessandro said 'then leave' noah didn't want to think about being away from adriana.

"once upon a time, a dragon named áplistos, had ventured away from home, while on the journey to the unknown, he came across shiny objects," noah starts to read and he would casually glance to adriana, she had shifted her body more into his side as he continued to read.
"the shiny objects captured áplistos, soon he became obsessed with anything shiny, first it had been gold, now it would be the ruby necklaces belonging to the noble ladies. the dragon grew up to be greedy, and till he met this young girl, the young girl had a simple dress on, wore a sun hat, and had a plain basket full of flowers. curious the dragon-" noah stopped reading as he felt adriana lay on his abdomen, noah saw that she quickly fell asleep.

noah felt awkward as to what to do now, 'I can't just move, it'll wake her up.' he looks around the room and realised he simply has to wait.

he gently placed the book to the side, and he didn't have the heart to reposition himself in his bed, so he slept sitting against the headboard.

adriana slowly opened her eyes, she was in a daze for a bit so it felt normal just to wake up to someone's abdomen, then as she stretched.