「1 1」u h o h

..."I hate you!" the girl says irritably while pushing herself out of her seat and storming off to her bedroom, with the distant voice of Alessandro calling, "adria..!" she had her cheeks puffed and it was clear the girl was upset.

adriana hated being mad at her family, but this time she couldn't stand it..she didn't understand why her family, more like her father especially did not allow her to go to prom.

she was 11 and turning 13, and she has a life to live, and prom being one of the biggest wishes of hers. "why don't you just let her go." rome tries to reason with his brother, he always was the one to spoil adriana despite alessandro telling him over and over not to do that, but as rome always is, he never listens.

"you know the reasons why. she has 2 years before she needs to concern herself with prom." alessandro stresses. "so the dude is a sophomore, he asked her to prom." rome continues, "i am not allowing her to go to prom with a sophomore, when she isn't even in high school herself." alessandro says with frustration.

"you're right." rome says surrendering his nieces' case. "of course I am. I'm her father." he proceeds to say, rome remains silent. "tell her that i expect her to be at the dinner table." he adjourns the conversation with a final statement before heading off to his office.

upset, adriana sits on her bed staring at her stuff rabbit. She expected her dad to come and find her but to her dismay he did not, which she didn't know why that upset her more than not being able to go with her crush.

as she calmed herself she heard a knock at her door, she perked up thinking it was her dad. She immediately put on her act of being 'extremely' upset, "go away dad." she says trying to be dramatic, however it wasn't her dad. "well your dad says to be at dinner." the sound of her uncles' voice made adriana disappointed, but she was glad to see her uncle.

"okay." she says, before emerging from her room, rome takes a look at his niece before saying anything. "you were crying weren't you." he states, "yeah so" adriana says with her voice still sounding stuffy, "you know, you just have to wait two years" rome begins to say, "I knowwww..." adriana says dragging her words, "but? you are upset. why?" rome continues, "well. I like this guy and it makes me feel special that he asked to the prom.." adriana begins to say, "i'll tell you what. I'll help you sneak out to the party.,." he starts to say, which earns a hug from adriana, "Really!? uncle you mean it?" She was so excited that he had to give her a pinky promise, "however.. i need your help to let me have a chick over." he continues. Without further thinking, they both shook on it, and the two descended down the stairs and into the dining room.

"you two look awfully happy." alessandro states as he raises his left eyebrow,
"well she wants to have a sleepover with her friend" rome responds, while the two talked. noah is happy to see his niece, and greets her.
"hi princess." he says giving her a side hug and a kiss to the forehead. "hi my favourite uncle" adriana responds, which gets romes' attention, "excuse me?  i thought I was your favourite" rome interjects, "okay you both are my favourite." she tries to make both of them happy, "it doesn't work that way.. only one can be the favourite" rome says.

alessandro had been watching from the dinner table at the interactions, before chiming himself in. usually he'd be the one to settle disputes but this time he decided to join in, "guys. it's clear im her favourite dad." he says which earns groans from all parties, "dad you don't count. you're like the only dad." adriana says, ignoring the fact she hated him awhile ago. the family settled into dinner, and had small talks and topic discussions, until the talk had to happen.

"adriana, i want to let you know that I love you, and i think it's still early for you to be wanting to go to prom." alessandro starts to say, adriana decides to play along, she knew she wanted to go to the party.."yes daddy. i understand." adriana says deliberately, hoping he would be convinced.