「1 0」a blissful sleep

⚠️mentions of drug od // suicide ⚠️

all of his doubts had been erased, his daughter needed him more than her mother. while alessandro embraces his daughter into his arms, her tear stain face made him more livid.

as the father caressed his daughter's face before giving her a kiss to the temple, he notices the red marks on his daughter's wrist.

"blair." the father says sounding unemotional, as he picks his daughter into his arms, his daughter laid her head on his shoulder, "it wasn't a full weekend, i didn't know what else to do." Blair tries to reason, "why do i come back with a crying daughter?" he deadpans, as he looks towards Blair's boyfriend, he looked too irrelevant for him to know the name. The very name that separated them, what they could have been, they almost became a family, almost were married, and he was almost good enough.

alessandro always hated the word 'almost' because almost is a reminder that you only made it half way before it ended.

Alessandro

i carried my daughter all the way out to my car, she had quickly fallen asleep. i carefully buckled her up before making my way to the driver's side of the car.

the drive had been peaceful, just i started to realise, our relationship falling apart wasn't my fault. it never was my fault, i just felt responsible since blair had always been perfect in my eyes, but sending my daughter off to blair, had opened my eyes.

she wasn't at all perfect, she was flawed, she'd look for love in other men, as a child she never had a father figure, so she would look for that in men.

blair had been orphaned when she was 14, her mother passed away after a drug OD, from what i know her father had killed himself when she was just 6 years old.

thinking back on it, she didn't have the best childhood, and compared to me? my childhood is fucked up as well, that's how the two of us connected. we both never really had any parental figures, i had met blair during my sophomore year of high school, and well i guess we both became parents at the age of 18.

i always wondered how my life would be different, if i had been the one to raise my own daughter, would we be where we are now? i had taken care of my younger siblings, so caring for my child is nothing. when i was a child, i always wished to become a dad, so i can have a child that loves me, and that would never leave me. to show the child what a father I could be, i'd be better than my current one. blair took that away from me, she entrusted adriana to my mother.

while i was lost in my own thoughts, i didn't realise we made it back home. I carried adriana back into the house, gently i laid her onto her bed.

in the midst of finalizing some documents, i heard adriana starting to cry. i rushed to her bedroom, and she was thrashing around, i sat at the edge of the bed as i gently grab her small hands, "baby, daddy's here." i coo noticing that her thrashing was calming down, she slowly begins to open her eyes, her eyes were puffy from crying.

"daddy" she says in a croaky voice, as she was reaching out for me, i embraced her in a hug, as she lays her head on my chest.

in the end, i had to carry her to my office  so i could finish my work. i carefully laid her on the sofa, she was like a koala glued to me, and even though she had fallen back to sleep, her hold of me wouldn't loosen. i decided to push back on doing the documents, and ended up falling asleep myself.

both of us fell into a blissful sleep, it was moments like this that i wish to freeze time so i could live in this moment forever.

published: 2.27.22

vote

comment

follow <3

completed: 2.27.22