「 8 」r e v e a l e d

the days went on as normal, adriana and noah started to play hide and seek. they finished the game in time for breakfast.

"bubba!" the little girl says as alessandro comes back down from his shower, "princess" he says as he gives her a kiss to the temple, "let's eat" he continues. as adriana and noah go wash up for breakfast.

rome had joined the three for breakfast, which surprised the family. alessandro always kept his pain from his brothers, he didn't want them to know the pain, noah always been looking out for alessandro and surely he would make blair pay for hurting his eldest brother. alessandro had been taught at a young age to not show much emotions, and since he was the man of the house he was forbidden from appearing weak. noah started to notice the lack of sleep alessandro was having, rome was noticing it as well.

the little girl was oblivious to the change in the atmosphere, adriana continues to live happily under their roof, but her yearning for her father became more strong than ever. so one night, the little girl exited her bedroom to go into her eldest 'brother's' room, she walked into alessandro's room, and saw alessandro wasn't sleeping at all, in fact he was up at his desk finalising documents.

"adriana? what are you doing up so late?" alessandro asks, as he stops what he was doing. "i really miss bubba." adriana responds, which brings a gentle smile to alessandro's face, "come here." he commands, and she makes her way to his lap.

"you know princess, i too miss you very much." he says, which was true. he just came out of a bad memory and he wanted to see adriana but didn't want to wake her up, so it was a good coincidence that she was missing him.

"bubba i want a daddy" she says looking to her 'eldest brother', alessandro stares at his daughter for a few seconds, "are you not happy with me, noah, and even rome?" he asks.

"i am! i just, i really want daddy" she says, which makes alessandro just want to squeeze her to death but he controlled himself, "what if your daddy is with you?" he starts to say, alessandro started to realise that, he wasn't able to keep adriana in the dark for too long. "what do you mean?" she asks confused at the remark, "well let's just say, your daddy loves you very much, and wants you happy." he starts to say, "if that's true then daddy should reveal himself." she says, "baby.. i am your daddy." alessandro concludes, and he waits a few minutes waiting for her reaction.

"no, you're lying" she says denying it, and the little girl was getting more upset at him, "why would i lie?" he asks a bit hurt, "because if you were my daddy, you wouldn't of let me live in that place." adriana crosses her arms, a flash of hurt laces alessandro's eyes, "..i am sorry, i really am your daddy." alessandro says, "no! you let me get hurt" she continues to be upset and starts to get off his lap.

alessandro felt his chest tighten, and his heart felt like it could break again, he didn't want his daughter to hate him, he finally allowed himself to move on from blair but losing his daughter was his worse fear.

"...baby" he starts to plea, "i hate you!" she says and with those words she ran out of his bedroom. those words felt like knives slicing through his heart, 'i wish i had a diamond heart' he thinks to himself, the pain he's experiencing now was equivalent to when blair was ending things with him. it seems, his sole purpose of life was to be in pain.

he knew this happen, he saw it coming, 'why didn't i just shut my mouth?' he angrily thinks.

the little girl had ventured off to Noah's room, she didn't realise she's made such a mess with hating on him. she didn't know what 'hate' even meant, she just knew in that moment she didn't love her bubba. 'I should be happy that bubba is my daddy, but I'm not' those were the thoughts that were swirling in her mind.