「1 5」h o m e

T W ! ! ! ⚠️⚠️
N O A H

Who am i kidding even? it was my fault for even showing my emotions to my niece. She's just a kid, and i know she cares about me, i guess i was so caught up in my memories that i made her sad too, after I sent her away, i felt a pang of regret, but the memories of my beloved quickly removed the feelings of regret.
__ 》I was shocked. Numb. Hurt. I did not know how to register anything that was taking place, "I am sorry to inform you, but Luella Vesper is pronounced dead." The doctor says, my ears started ringing, and everything began to move slowly, just yesterday we were dancing to slow music, and today she's on her deathbed. Nothing made sense, my brain was struggling to commute the information being thrown at me. Tears were already forming, i started to cry uncontrollably, and alessandro was there to comfort me, i ended up destroying the flower pots, and everything in my way. I wanted to see her. My vision had been blurry, and i couldn't even think anymore. I approached the room she laid in, her body so still, nothing. just her body on the bed, the life held in her eyes, in her entire body, gone. just like that. i was still in shock, i thought this was a terrible nightmare that maybe when I wake up, she'd be next to me, comforting me, reminding me that it was just a nightmare. but I never woke up, she never comforted me, instead, she was being lowered to the ground. Six feet has never felt so far. Life moved on slowly, there was no purpose for me to live on, until I met her.
I was brought back to reality, as i could see my niece peering from the corner of the door, i wanted to apologize to her for reacting the way I did, but she ran away. without meeting my niece, i think i wouldn't be around.
i set the photograph aside, that was taken when I was 17, and she was 16. I went off to find my niece, and she was hiding in a closet, "You can run, but you can't hide" i say, which startled her, "I'm - im really" before she had to chance to say sorry, i grabbed her, and pulled her into a hug. "no, i am sorry." i say, giving her kisses to the forehead. she doesn't say anything, and remains hugging me. "Maybe, some other time, I'll tell you about her, but for now, let's get dinner." i say, and with a big grin she agrees, i set her down and she rushes to get her shoes on.
now I think about it, it is Luella's birthday.
"hun, dress up, we're going to go somewhere special." i say, and she doesn't question the change of attire, she loves dressing up.

luella would love adri, she'd spoil her rotten if given the chance, and most importantly luella would want me to be happy.

"you almost ready?" i ask peering from the door, "yes! am ready" she says, and we make it out the hotel room and down towards the lobby,  "this is a very special place for me" i start to say, as we hop into the car provided, "where are we going?" she asks, "there's a big fountain that' has a statue of aphrodite, i met someone special there." i say, i wanted adriana to know luella, I wanted the timing to be good, my heart couldn't take reminiscing on her any longer.

we made it to the statue, and it's as if time had been put on pause, everything remains the same except for the color  of the leaves.

"so pretty!" she exclaims, what amazes me is that no matter what happened before, she still holds the same admiration towards me. our family tree is too complicated that even I don't know where to start, luella accepted me for who I am, and when she discovered the mafia business she didn't run away, she accepted that. her death had been inevitable, and in another world maybe we have children together, but god gave me my niece.

it was only 5 in the evening, and adriana deserves everything. we walked in the park, as she held onto my hand, in comparison her hands were so tiny, and in this moment i felt envious of my brother. alessandro gets such a beautiful and adorable daughter, i want a daughter as well, but adriana is enough for me. when walking through the park, we saw many people, children, old couples, and teenagers, of course when we walked pass the groups of teenaged boys adriana lets go of my hand.
"you embarrassed to be found holding hands??" i question, "Uncle you scaring the hoes away" she says nonchalantly, I couldn't help but burst into laughter, "where did you hear that from?" i ask, "tiktok.." she says scratching her head, "You know your father doesn't like that" i say, and she immediately scowls, "dad is just an old fossilized skeleton" she says, "ohhh! so does that mean I'm a old grandpa" i say, "yes, precisely" she says, and the way she said I could picture alessandro saying those exact words.