CHAPTER - 18

I ran to the washroom coz I couldn't stop thinking about what happened in the cafeteria.

'Does Pranay still care about me? '

'why would he interrupt us otherwise? '

"Okay, why do I have to think about all this! "

I kinda shouted and the girls around me started looking at me.

'Shut up Divya! He was just being nice to you' I repeated this sentence in my head until I reached my class.

. . .

Days passed and things just got worse like they always do. Dhruv was literally a kind-hearted person and I always mistreated him. We were in the same class so we used to hang out a lot. I even ended up telling him everything about my life and Pranay which I still regret doing.

You know? This is typical of me and every girl out there! OVERSHARING to people who seem to care about us. I don't know why we do it maybe it's just the feeling we get when someone cares about us.

Anyways I don't expect Pranay or anyone to understand why I talk to Dhruv and why we're friends.

Pranay however changed a lot through these years. He became a lot more cold-hearted and A LOT MORE PARANOID.

A few days ago, a girl from Pranay's class came to me and asked me whether I'm dating Dhruv or not. It clearly suggests that even after so many years Pranay still doesn't trust me.

Honestly! I don't even expect anything from him anymore.

..

I was sitting in the library one day and someone snatched my earphones. AGAIN!

C'mon bro! Why do you have to the same thing again and again when you can clearly see that the other person is getting irritated?

It was Dhruv!

"I'll return the book when I'm finished reading why do you keep bothering me? " I said in one go.

"That's not what I came for." He said and his voice seemed a bit unusual so looked up to see his face.

There's a common look which guys give when they're mad at someone. No matter if it's your friend your brother or your dad! That look is universal.

"Your EX BOYFRIEND came to talk to me and he asked me to stay away from you." He said.

My heart started racing instantly! I couldn't help myself but imagine the 'extremes'.

'What if they get into a fight because of me?' Thoughts darted through my head.

"Why would he do this? We haven't even talked to each other for like a month" I calmed myself and said.

"What do you think Divya? He loves you! "

"And I know you do too. So just go and confess to him" He said and for the first time in a long time, he made sense

"But what if he doesn't want to get back together? You know I CAN NOT go through that phase again!" I said.

 Why do you keep testing my patience Divya? " He looked at me with annoyance.

"What?" I said staring back.

"Don't give me this look first of all. Secondly! I'm a guy and I know when someone's jealous"

"He's jealous of me because he loves you "

"You think so?" I had tears in my eyes coz l never thought he'd like me again after whatever happened.