CHAPTER 11

"No, there's nothing you can do for me Divya, I just wanted to talk to you"

I saw his message popping up.

My hands shivered as I typed several replies and backspaced them without sending. It felt like I'm hallucinating and the reality was something else.

I was really anxious and couldn't find an answer to the frequent thought that where did all that anger and frustration go?

"Yes, what happened ?" I replied at last.

" I'm sorry Divya for everything "

" I was very disappointed with you when you started dating Aryan and how I behaved was the consequence of your relationship with him" he texted.

I was so confused that I couldn't figure out what to feel.

'Reyansh used to be my friend !' I said to myself. He really was and he should be happy for me.

" Why? Did we do anything wrong to you ?" I texted back.

" Yes, you did! And the thing that makes me really sad is that you still don't realise why was I upset all these years "

'Woah man wait! How would I understand if you won't tell me ?' I typed but again backspaced everything realising that it sounded a bit rude.

Then I texted in a much polite way "I'm sorry, but can you please tell me why did you do all this ?"

" Can I call you " he texted back.

I wanted to talk to him, so I agreed though it was the middle of the night and it could cause mom to wake up. But at that moment all I could care was about what Reyansh was going to tell me.

"Hello," I said.

"Hi Divya"

" Yeah, so you were telling me something ?"

I quickly reached to the point as it was inappropriate for me to talk to a boy at this hour of the night, my mom could wake up, I was using her phone, and damn I have a boyfriend!

Though it seems that he isn't aware of his girlfriend!

" Let me tell you a story Divya "

Oh, this man! What the fuck is wrong with him! Am I risking my life to listen to a stupid story?

Anyways, I had no other option so I said "Yeah, go on"

" I love a girl since grade 7th, she used to talk to me in quite a nice way and made me feel that she likes me too "

" But she ended up dating my best friend and never even consider me. I thought at least she knows about me but she didn't give a shit about anything. "

" I was mad at her but still I wanted her to know everything, I wanted her to know that I love her "

I was standing in my balcony and I felt like I was thunderstruck.

I mean I can't believe I am this stupid.

But I couldn't notice his feelings because I gave my stupid heart to a fuckboy like Aryan.

And then there was this boy who still loves me despite the fact that we haven't talked for about 2 years.

But I have PRANAY! We both are not that happy but yes we're in love and it's been around 8-9 months since we started dating. I can not suddenly melt my heart for someone else.

"Divya please speak up something"

His tone was making me sicker, it almost felt like he was crying.

" Yeah, So who's that girl," I said simply. I literally don't know how can I be so cold and act so dumb. But I did what I did.

" The girl is you Divya, can you please act like a grown-up ?" He said a bit loudly.

" You don't get it Reyansh if you felt something you should've confessed"

" I tried, but you already reached out to Aryan. And you know what Divya when I first saw you I knew you're the one, I spitted everything in front of Aryan because he was my best friend and then he challenged me that he'd date you! That was the reason we started talking to you."

Oh god, I can't believe Aryan could be this insensitive.
For god's sake Reyansh was his best friend since childhood, how could he do this to him.

Now, I could get it why everyone blamed me for their fight and talked behind my back. But I didn't know anything.

I'm not guilty this time! I repeated this in my head.

I was so grieved at that time I wanted to kick his ass off.

" I don't know what to say, " I said.

He kept quiet, and it stayed that way until I again spoke up.

" But that phase has gone Reyansh. I've moved on and I'm doing well in my life "

" But what about me ?" He said in a low tone.

" I can't do much about it, I'm dating someone else "

" I know," he said.

" What the fuck! How come you know about it ?" I said shockingly.

"Almost everyone in school does. C'mon! We're not 12 years old anymore"

"Then why did you confessed everything today ?" I said as I was completely zoning out.

" I wanted you to know about it. And it's okay if you're dating, I just wanted my friend back"

I never thought that his appearance match with his behaviour. But indeed he was cute and gentle.

And then a full-fledged conversation started between us about all these two years and it was accompanied by countless laughs.

I admitted that I was scared of him and he admitted it that he didn't want to scare me. We did talk about Pranay, my family, school, everything.

I must say Reyansh was such a kid, and all his bold look and anger faded away in my mind when he showed me this side of him.

It was still inappropriate for me to talk to a boy at this time!

But I was happy to have him back as my friend and it felt quite good. He never intended to come in between my relationship so it was all cool.

But sometimes you make wrong choices and get all fucked up.

Atleast I do !