CHAPTER 12

Imagine, never being alone but always feeling lonely.

Just like this stupid quote my love life was also fucked up.

I don't get it, what is the need for fighting on pity things!

But we do.

I haven't got my phone back and I'm still using mom's phone, it's not easy for me to chat with Pranay all the time.

I know he's frustrated and has problems, but at least he should try understanding my problems as well.

But hey! I've got my 'new boy best friend' which is a good thing I suppose.

I get to share my relationship problems with him and he comes up with a solution most of the time and if not a solution, at least he supports me.

I'm not comparing him with anyone, but the year has almost passed and we have our exams coming up.

Seher, first of all, is busy in studying and secondly, she's not that experienced and isn't very much interested in these schoolgirl heartbreaks and all.

Though she has found a boy! He's from our school, has got a cute name and that is 'Hardik' and we met at a cultural event in the school itself. 

I was in the dance group and Seher had to deliver a speech.

She was quite confused and tensed about that, and this guy came out of the blue for help and sorted everything out.

Does it seem that he's interested?

Maybe he is! Or maybe he did it because he was in charge of all the activities of the event.

Unfortunately, Seher is a very shy girl in terms of this and has decided that she's never gonna confess.

So, there's no point in dwelling on that.

Though I wish she confessed because Hardik indeed was a nice guy.

So, this is how most of my days went.

Not talking to my boyfriend whom I loved instead fighting with him for no big reason, trying to maintain the limit with Reyansh and not feeling guilty for breaking his heart coz he loves me and of course putting my nose in other people's lives and giving them relationship advice irrespective of the fact that my own has crumbled.

...

"Who's this guy ?" The notification which I loved to see, came finally after two weeks!

Yes, you guessed it right, the message was from Pranay.

There was a picture along with the message and the picture was of REYANSH.

'Why am I panicking? He's always been my friend and it's not a big deal.' I said to myself.

"He's a friend of mine" I replied.

"What kind of a friend Divya ?" He said.

"What do you mean ?" I said trying to figure out why he's acting like this.

"I'm just asking you to be more specific. A friend? You mean a friend whom you're this close and everyone thinks that you both are dating?"

"You mean that kinda friend ?"

"Oh, it's totally fine Divya. Your boyfriend has no issues with it"

His messages kept on coming up. I don't know what has made him think like this. We did hang out together in the school but that doesn't mean we have something between us!

"Pranay, stop saying rubbish there's nothing between me and Reyansh" I replied.

"Oh, yeah? Divya all of my friends in your school have told me about it and everyone is talking about you two. Lying to your boyfriend takes you nowhere"

"What the heck are you talking about Pranay !" I said as my temper was already shot up by his last message because it was totally incorrect. But I decided to remain calm.

"Okay, I get it that people might have seen us together and have misjudged that we're dating. C'mon, I have the right to talk to anyone if I wish to." I said.

"Divya, talking and always sticking around with someone are two different things. Why would my friends lie to me ?" He counterposed.

"Your friends and others said what they saw without trying to know the truth! But I don't think it's inappropriate for me to talk to a boy if he's just a friend. And Reyansh is my friend. "

"And yeah, your friends said what they said, but why the fuck did you believed? Don't you trust me ?" I texted again.

"I trust you but I'm not blind Divya I'm getting what's going on" He replied.

"You're talking about me? Just look at yourself! Don't I deserve some attention and importance from you ?"

" But what I get from you is just aggression and ignorance" I texted in a jiffy.

"Are you kidding me? You don't know what's going on my life! The only time when I needed your support Divya, you started seeing someone else. " His message came up.

" I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE YOU NEVER EXPLAINED WHAT'S GOING ON !!" I was so damn angry this time I could feel the heat.

" I never said because you never tried to understand anything, and now I know the reason. Reyansh !"

"You're too busy with him, that it seems that I don't even exist " He texted.

" For god's sake, how can you say like this Pranay. I'm not dating him we're just friends !"

" And he at least considers me as someone in his life, unlike you, who doesn't even talk to his girlfriend for weeks"  I couldn't take this reaction of his anymore.

"Okay," he texted.

"What" I replied.

"You wanna take his side? Cool. Go enjoy your so-called friendship"

" I regret meeting you that day and offering you a lift "

OMG, how could he even say that!

But I was too enraged to think anything.
So I portrayed my stupid self once again and agreed.

" FINE "

I kept my phone aside and looked at the ceiling of my room, thinking that what have I done.

I was not double dating, but still, it was my mistake.

I knew from the starting that Reyansh loved me, still, I allowed him to enter in my life, despite Pranay already being in it.

I was aware of what was going on in school, everyone was talking behind my back, that i'm dating my ex's best friend and I just play with everyone's heart.

Still, I didn't even dare to push Reyansh away from me, for I thought he was my best friend.

But things were different and if  I did something earlier this wouldn't have happened.

"I think everyone hates me" I mumbled.

It was all my fault and now I've just lost Pranay.