CHAPTER 6

Just so you know, I may seem good at flirting and chatting and all, but I suck at meeting people.

I mean I've always been an introvert, and I've just a few friends and only one person whom I could actually confide in was Seher.
The thing I really like in her was she never, NEVER judged me.

 Pranay seemed pretty good but, I didn't know his behaviour, how would he treat me, I may do something clumsy (which I did) and I was really freaking out.

And the dress! What would I wear?

The problem was, I was going to tell mom that I'm going to coaching, and I'd bunk the class and go with Pranay.

Remember I said I've got my tricks? This is one of them.

But I was supposed to wear something casual according to mom, and as per my date with Pranay, I should wear something sexy.

Is was debating on all this when my eyes fell on my sister's beautiful mustard yellow crop top it was neither too casual nor too fancy.

It was perfect!

Hey, she's out of town and her closet is mine for TWO days!

Now I felt relaxed as I paired her yellow top ( mine ! ) with skinny black jeans and a pair of white sneakers.

I texted Pranay "What are you wearing tomorrow ?"

"You'd get to see when we meet" he replied.

I mean why the fuck do boys are always so mysterious. I hate surprises and suspense literally.

"Can't you just tell me now ?" I texted being irritated by now.
But I didn't want him to notice.
" I never reveal what I wear before the day comes" his text read.
"Okay". I replied surrendering myself.

...

I just came out after taking a shower, 3:13 pm the clock read.

Fuck! Fuck! I am late. I thought.

Pranay was supposed to pick me up at 3:30.

Hurriedly, I changed to the clothes I chose for today, tucked my hair and ran towards my shoes my hair was still wet. But I couldn't help it was fucking late.

I took two wrong pairs of socks and quickly wore it (the right ones always hide when we really are in a hurry), though they were not visible through my sneakers so it was no big deal.

Because of my very good luck, the lift wasn't working, so I had to take the stairs.
Gasping for breath I went to the parking area where I saw him.

Pranay!

I walked towards him. He really looked like a man of honour.

He was wearing olive green and white camouflage print jacket, with some random words imprinted on it with red.
A black plain t-shirt and black jeans completed his look.

I could now get it why he didn't want to tell me about his clothes, I liked his surprise.

He had me right there, it melted my heart.

I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. A broad smile lit up his face.

" Are you checking me out ?" He said as his smile changed into a smirk.

"How long have you been waiting ?" I quickly changed the topic.

"Just 5 minutes. Now, are you gonna stare at me? Or you want to go somewhere and then stare?" He said greatly emphasizing on the last line.

My face turned red as he said that and GOD! his voice, it was so damn sexy.

I quickly got on his bike and I sat maintaining a safe distance from him as I didn't want him to give some kind of hints.

Though in our chats, it seemed as if we were a couple, I mean flirting was common.

But when I get to meet a person in reality in can barely show 10% of who actually I am.

He took me to a cafe kind of place. The seating was low and the lights were dim. All-in-all it was a nice place.

As we were walking to our table he led the way being a proper gentleman.

We sat there, on the same side so I kept my bag between us though I didn't want to. Still, I kept it.

He made a firm grip on my bag and kept it on the other side and shifted towards me and smiled.

He always had this smile on his face in which his small eyes became smaller. I loved that, it was cute.

He was very professional and clear with his actions.
On the contrary, I had millions of thoughts flooding in my head. Though everything felt really nice, his vibe was really comfortable but I was a bit hesitant.

It was silent for a couple of minutes until he spoke " So, how do you like it here ?" trying to be casual.

" It's good," I said looking down at my fingers playing with them.

I usually do this when I am nervous. I was unable to make eye contact with him I don't know why.

But he was really something he made me feel comfortable, I don't know how he managed to do this he actually said whatever I was interested in and even made me laugh. Everything was going good.

"Divya, I wanted to... um say s-something" he stuttered.

"Yes?" I said trying to calm down my heart.

" Can you please stand up for a second?" he said.

"Yeah... um sure" I said looking confused.

As I stood up he WENT ON HIS KNEES and took out a ring from his pocket.

"I love you," he said.

And stupid me, the only thing I could think was Aryan never did this for me.

There was this hot guy right in front of me, on his knees proposing me and what the fuck I was doing.

The answer was a clear yes but there were other things in my head.

He was not in my school and we barely met each other a relationship was a bit too far.

But I desperately wanted him.

Meanwhile, I noticed that his smile turned into a serious expression.

"Stand up," I said.

And with that, I gestured my hand towards him and soon I could see that million-dollar worth smile on his face again with his eyes all sparkled up.

He pushed the ring through my left hand's ring finger and I can't express what that moment felt like.