CHAPTER 8

"So you're saying that we won't meet at your birthday? Huh? Woah that's great Divya I'm really happy !" Pranay said.

Being sarcastic while snapping at someone doesn't work Pranay!

" Pranay, please try to understand my parents don't allow me to interact with boys. I can't even introduce you as a friend " I said in a low voice.

It was true my parents never allowed me to go out on my own.

16 years since my birth has passed and I haven't gone out with my friends ever.

Either I wasn't given the permission or my sister accompanied me whenever I wanted to go somewhere. As if I was a 6-year-old kid who doesn't know her parent's name.

This might sound a joke to some of you but it's damn true!

My parents still live in the 1960s where the bride saw her husband's face after their marriage.

And they want me to live my fucking one life in the same way.

"Divya? You there ?" I heard Pranay's voice. Maybe we were talking on call after a month.

"Yeah," I said.

"What about your sister? Maybe you can convince her ?" He asked sounding hopeful.

" She's the one who always encountered me with Aryan and straight away went to mom and ranted about everything !" I almost yelled.

" I don't know do something Divya. I've been planning for your birthday for weeks. I had - "

I had to hang up without even saying something, mom called out for dinner.

Two days were left for my birthday and Pranay had been talking about it since like two months.

I felt really bad that day and It wasn't for the first time.

Ever since I attained teenage I longed for freedom.

It's not that I hate my family I love them for keeping me providing me with all the essentials of life but it's just that I hate that they never make an effort to understand my feelings.

Just a little support is all I want.

It is all a teenage wants and in today's time, everyone even gets that from their family.

Except for a handful of people like me!

Sometimes I want to shout to all the strict parents out there -

" Congratulations you guys! Because of your behaviour, your child lies to you, hides things and feelings from you and have become a complete stranger to you."

Thinking all this a sudden thought struck my head.

"I can bunk school and meet Pranay !"
I said a bit loudly instantly regretting it as mom came to my room.

" What were you saying Divya?" She said in an interrogating manner.

" I was reading something" That's a gross lie but yeah that's what I could think of.

" Dad's sleeping. Keep it low" she said.

" Okay," I said as usual giving a fake smile.

I texted Pranay my idea and he instantly replied with ' I love you '.

 Pranay was very understanding, but eventually, he's a boy he expects his girlfriend to spend time with him and that's legit.

This was the thing which I feared on our first date.