CHAPTER 5

So, weeks have been passed since the
Bumping-into-cute-boy incident.
And as I mentioned we haven't met again.
I knew, I really knew it, that he was just a stranger and all my overthinking went into the trash.

Still, every day on my way to coaching I wished that I could see him again. At least I wanted to know his name.

And yes sometimes I'm not as unfortunate as always.

One day I was returning from my coaching, that day mom asked me to come home early as she wanted to go somewhere. I checked my watch 5:04 it read, I was already late.
But, I was just a few blocks away from my colony.

Suddenly I noticed a guy standing in front of a house in one of the colonies in my locality.

I saw a whole set up of a camera, the stand and other stuff I couldn't notice much.

He was probably clicking a picture of something.

I was so lost in what he was doing that I almost forgot to see his face and when I actually saw it, I felt light-headed and was about to fall.

Somehow I managed my balance and stood in the middle of the road.

Gasping for breath I realised that he was the guy whom I met the other day!

FUCK! Did he live in this colony?
How come I never came across such a hot guy who lived this close to my home?
What should I do? Should I talk to him?

You know, I always have this little stupid voice in my head which keeps on asking these idiotic questions and keeps on suggesting weird things.
And I, being the dumbest of all, listen to it and then find myself in trouble.

I couldn't help but look at his cute face, he seemed so focused as he was clicking the picture.

I was thinking all this when I saw he was looking at ME, straight into my eyes.

I freaked out so much, not knowing what to do I started heading towards my colony, he kept looking at me.
I walked so quickly that I twisted my ankle.

As I got into the lift I inspected my ankle and there was a bruise.

Cursing the bloody road, I got out of the lift and walked to my flat, actually I hopped, jumping up and down as if I have just won marshmallow's concert tickets.

In my jumping, weird dance my eyes fell on the block number. I was in the wrong block. "You've got to be kidding me" I mumbled.

And again I started moving towards the lift. Yes, I have my own ways of expressing my stupidity.

...

It was a weekend, I planned to complete my homework though I am never interested in it, but since my first term exams were approaching I had to do it.

I was surfing my Instagram along with it, wherein I encountered that the BOY had sent me his FOLLOW REQUEST.

In the moment's excitement, I shifted my chair backwards and it was so quick, that I fell on the floor.

And that very moment my sister entered my room, making a weird face, "Ow" she said, rather laughed.

I quickly got up, ignore the stinging pain that shot up my elbow and accept his follow request, his account was public.

And let me tell you, he was damn hot in his pictures.
Indeed he was a photographer most of his profile contained his clicked photos.

So? Talented and sexy huh?

I said to myself and giggled. Maybe he was interested in me, but how did he found me?

And by the way, this guy's name is Pranay. I couldn't control my curiosity, so I just texted him.

"Hi"

"Hey" he replied in just a couple of seconds.

" How did you find me ?"

" You pass through my home every day," he said.

I could feel the butterflies in my stomach.

But it was wrong to make perceptions about him just by looking at him, he may not be as I think he is.

"And yeah, my cousin brother is in your school, so I managed to find you" another text from him popped up.

"That's great" I replied.

Once I started talking to him, there was no turning back.

We chatted for hours, he was a very optimistic, happy kind of guy. He never seemed sad or frustrated not even a bit.

Though I spoke about my day-to-day clumsy incidents and my encounters with stupid people all the time.

But he never got bored, he heard everything and even gave his opinions and trust me, he was totally opposite of me. He was mature, unlike me and seemed quite honest with his words.

I really liked him, but that was not enough.
I never talked to him face to face I just knew whatever he told me, there might be things which I don't know about him.

Yes, we did make some progress, we exchanged our numbers and sometimes even called each other.

Sometimes I saw him in the market or in the colony but I never dared to talk to him.
That's because we were always accompanied by someone, he was with his friends or mother and same was the case with me.

Things were just going fine, our chatting, school, friends everything.

It was the month of February if you've not guessed let me tell you, 14 February is valentine's day.

But that was nearly impossible for me because you know my family right?

There was no chance of me going out with a boy that too on valentine's day. But I wanted to go out with Pranay and so did he.

You know, sometimes things are just in your favour.

My sister and my father were going out in a family function for TWO DAYS in the first week of February.
It would be just me and mom at home. And technically it's easy to lie to mom than my other family members.

So I decided that I would go out with Pranay earlier than the valentine's week, that is, in these two days.

But how to ask him out?

Anyways I couldn't miss the chance so I just texted him.

"Are you free this Friday ?"

The message was read, my heart was racing faster than ever. I could feel it.

"Yes sure, at what time?"

As soon as I read the message I started jumping on my bed, reading that text was such a bliss.
I could still feel my heartbeat.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door, it was mom "Divya have you lost it ? Stop jumping, are you okay?" she yelled.

" I'm fine mom, I'm perfectly fine."
I shouted back.

I was indeed very happy.