CHAPTER 2

It was a little chilly this morning.

I was walking through the corridor when I saw Seher standing in front of the classroom door with a book in one hand and the pen in other.

She seemed tensed as she was constantly biting the pen's end.

"Need help ?" I said and smiled though it was a fake one.

She gave me her classic 'I'm angry look' and looked away.

"Look I'm sorry okay? I never meant that" I said making my baby face.

"Divya you're really a big asshole," she said and bumped her book on me.

We both laughed.

"So I've decided I would talk to Aryan today after the exam," I said. And then we both went to our examination rooms.

I finished the paper early and walked to the parking area and waited for Aryan there.

Seher soon joined me, she looked frustrated.

"What's up ?" I said patting on her shoulder.

"I think I'll fail this time" she frowned as she said.

"Anyways where's Aryan?"

She suddenly changed the topic this is her real talent she switches from angry to sad to excited to again angry in seconds.

"It's been half an hour, but he hasn't shown up yet," I said.

...

I could no longer stand there my legs felt numb, consequently, I left.

I could barely think of something other than Aryan when I got home.

My overdramatic thoughts were eating me.

Why is he doing this?
Have I done something wrong?
Or was Seher right?
Was he cheating on me?

I spent the whole day thinking about this I tried to study but I couldn't.

Two days passed and nothing happened, it seemed as 'calm before storm' and so was it.

Again, the night before the exam I made up my mind that I will text him.

It was 1:20 am, he was online!

'Probably talking to that bitch' I said to myself.

But anyways I texted him -

"You there?" and to my surprise he replied.

"Yeah. You still up?"

" Oh, I forgot you're a Straight-A student, the topper of the class you must be studying!  "

OMFG he didn't care at all! He acted normal as if nothing happened.

"Stop putting up this act you know what happened "I replied very nervously with all the wrong spellings.

"What are you talking about Divya?"

He was adding laughing emojis after every sentence. As if I was telling a fucking joke.

"Are you gonna leave me Aryan?"

"I don't think so" he texted back again with those laughing emojis.

I never thought all this is a joke to him.

I couldn't believe it.  I was very furious at that time I wanted to throw the phone. I no longer could bear him.

"Bye," I texted.

"Yeah," he replied instantly.

He didn't show even the slightest concern.

"Do you really have nothing to say Aryan?" I tried again but he certainly didn't want me in his life.

"No" he replied.

One thing was pretty clear, he was doing all this to get rid of me.

But he could have simply asked for a breakup why was he doing all this then?

Because he wanted me to leave him so that he could brag about his kind heart and how I broke it, to everyone.

This question-answer session of mine went all night long.

Nevertheless, I decided to persuade him one last time tomorrow just for the sake that I loved him for two long fucking years.

'Maybe he can change his mind tomorrow' again my stupid brain had expectations from him.

But some things are not in your hand.

And what happened the next day was indeed a blunder.