CHAPTER 7

So I had started kind of dating Pranay and only Seher know about this.

Since people still think that something is there between me and Aryan, so I kept my relationship just to myself.

Seher is always an exception though.

As our 'honeymoon phase' began, our calls became more frequent and we almost chatted every time and of course, demonstrating my best quality, I spoke shit in front of him and he treated it like he was listening to a poem,  everything was going smooth.

...

"Let's go on a movie date tomorrow" I read the msg from the notifications. It was from Pranay.

My heart started racing fast. I mean we've just met once and it's only been some couple of weeks since we started dating.

And a movie date is something which usually means that we were gonna come close to each other.

"I need to think about it" I texted back.

"C'mon let's bunk the school tomorrow and go" he replied.

That's a real good idea. I said to myself, but I am not the kind of a risk-taking person.

I never bunked school in these 16 years how could I do it now. But again my stupid heart melted. And I agreed.

The next day, I woke up earlier than mom. Bunking school is not a game, it needs proper planning, at least in Indian households.

I took a t-shirt and jeans stuffed it in my bag with some books on top of them.

Without waking up mom I somehow ate the breakfast rather swallowed it without much chewing and went down.

Pranay was standing there, looking as handsome as always.

"Quickly get on, you don't want your mom to see us, do you ?" he said smirking.

"You look good," I said sitting on his bike.

He looked back at me to give his classic 'I'm blushing look' and said: "So do you."

...

As we made ourselves comfortable in our seats I notice Pranay lifting the armrest between us.

"What?" I said smiling.

"Too much distance," he said winking at me.

I shifted a bit closer to him after some time I noticed his arm on my shoulder out of blue.

I was actually resting my head on his shoulder and I wasn't aware of anything.

When the fuck did this happen? I said to myself.

I was wondering what he looks like from this close, so I lifted my face a little to have a clearer view of him and he was staring at me.

He blushed as I caught him doing that.

Then he grabbed my hand and playing with my fingers and the ring which he gave me he said: " So, ain't you gonna tell me something today?"  "Like you have so much to say every day"

My face turned red I secretly thanked God for we were in a movie hall and he couldn't see my face.

I've always been a shy and introverted girl and it was easier to talk to him in the chats than in person.

His face made me blanked out every time I saw it.

"Umm... I don't know what should say" I said awkwardly.

"When did you started thinking this much before talking to me? Huh?" He planted a kiss on my forehead as he said.

I almost passed out on that, I tried keeping calm, though it was very spontaneous, but at the same time it comforted me and I felt the same as to when I chatted with him.

Since then I opened up more to him and we had our conversation jumping from my family to his best friend's girlfriend's nickname.

But it was fun. Thankfully this time, I wasn't lost in him and I noticed how close we were next to each other and it felt really warm and comfortable.

He suddenly started looking behind I also tried to look behind but he stopped me.

"What's wrong?" I said.

"A couple is sitting behind us," he said with a broad weird smile though it was cute.

"So?" I said unknowing his thought behind saying all this.

"So, they're kissing," he said as his smile changed into a blush.

Now I knew where this was heading to and I wanted it to happen but I wasn't sure.

"Oh," I said not knowing how to react.

But I first wanted to look at them, whether they were actually kissing or not.

I made an effort to do that but he pulled me closer to himself, his hand reached out my waist.

My heart was beating faster than ever I felt a bit dizzy as he came closer. But I tried and made myself calm and then he gave a little peck on my lips, he knew my thoughts just by looking at me and I'm glad he considered them.

Caring and respecting other's private space, this was the quality in him which I every time fall for.

Once that thing happened there was literally no turning back.

We went on several dates like this yeah that means I bunked school several times. Of course, we kissed later on but the respect and care  he showed that day was something I never got from Aryan

All these years I've only done what I wanted to. I heard everyone but in the end, I only did everything according to my will.

But this ONE BOY, this one stupidly honest and genuine boy, has made me do things that I never thought I would do!

He was the second person to knew who Divya Mehra actually was in person.

Yeah, that's my full name.

The first person is of course Seher.

I even have to pretend myself in front of my family. Our thoughts really don't match so I have to present myself in a way that is acceptable to them.
At least it's better than being nagged all the time.

But I didn't have to pretend anything in front of Seher or Pranay to make them like me.

On these amazing crazy dates of ours our bond grew stronger, this month of April was really something for me.

I had like an experience of the weirdest and the best time of my life altogether.

Awkward and weird obviously because of me, my clumsy stupid self who THREW (mistakenly!) a piece of food on his jeans on our first date.

And the best time of my life because of him who CLEANED it up without even a hitch, laughed and said 'it's okay Divya' and patted on my back.

If he could accept me like this I would rather break into his house in the middle of the night wake up his mom and say I wanna marry your son.

Okay, this is a bit cheesy but that's literally what I felt when I thought of him.

But again, good things don't last for a lifetime.

No, nothing has happened yet but my life has been a mixture of bad luck and overthinking.

Whenever something good happens something bad is always on its way to me!