Old Test

I looked at all the students who were buying lunch. After about 20 students, I found mytarget student. The student bought the meal and walked over to the counter with heavysteps.

Kiyone: "Alright, let's go." 

Kushida: "What? Ok."

Quickly exchanging our tickets for meals, I walked over to the student and sat down.

Kiyone: "Um, excuse me. You're... a senpai, right?"

I change my tone to a more cheerful one. I can interpret this one, a delinquent one, and a cold one. It's not something I learned in that place, but rather an imitation of Ichinose, Sudo and Horikita.

Kushida look at me surprised for my voice change.

D-Senpai: "...Huh? Who are you?"

Quietly looking up, he looked at me. He stop breathing for a moment, I wonder why.

Kiyone: "Are you a second-year? Third-year?" 

D-Senpai: "T-Third year. You're a f-first year kouhai, right?"

Kiyone: "I am Ayanokouji Kiyone, from class D. Senpai, you're also from class D, aren't you?"

D-Senpai: "Y-Yeah, and, what can I do for a cute kouhai like you?"

Kushida looked at my in surprise wanting to ask me how did I know, but she refrain herself from speaking.

Kiyone: "I have something to ask you. If you listened to me, I would show my gratitude."

D-Senpai: "G-Gratitude?"

I don't like the look on his face, but I'll use his imagination in my favour.

Kiyone: "Do you still have the problems on the midterm from your first semester? Or if you knowsomeone that has all the previous test problems, can you let us know who they are?"

I see a bit of disappointment on his face.

D-Senpai: "I don't have any of the problems, but... I know someone who does. If you want to ask him tohelp, you need at least 20,000 points."

Kiyone: "20,000 is way too much. I don't have that kind of money, senpai~."

D-Senpai: "Then, how much do you have?"

Kiyone: "... 15,000 points."

D-Senpai:"Then 15,000... No, 10,000 will work. I can lend a hand to my kouhai on this. I wouldn't like to see you sad in the school that fast."

'Uwah...'

Kiyone: "Thank you very much, senpai. Could you include the answers to the mock test, please~?"

D-Senpai: "No problem! Then let's exchange contact info. You can pay me once I send you the test."

Kiyone: "Again thank you very much senpai. You're so reliable."

The senpai left his seat. He's emanating a confidence aura around him. Kushida remains stunned.

Kushida: "Ayanokouji-san, what was that?!"

Kiyone: "How did I know he was from class D?  He was eating the free meal-set, that means he hasn't any points to spend."

Kushida: "That's not what I'm talking about!"

Kiyone: "About the exams? The transfer of points is allowed by school rules, so there aren't any violations. He wasn't particularly surprised, and he quickly agreed to listen to my proposal. It probably isn't his first time negotiating. He has not only the answers to the midterms, but even the mock test. There's no mistake."

Kushida: "It's impressive that you guessed that, but it's not the most important thing right now!"

'Hm? What's she talking about? Did I miss something?"

Seeing me tilting my head, Kushida understand my confusion, then she speaks.

Kushida: "Even tho your face remained the same, your voice was bright and cheerful! I never heard you speaking like that!"

'Oh, that's what she's talking about.'

Kiyone: "I just tried to imitate your voice, it was that bad?"

Kushida: "Yes, it's disgusting, don't do that ever again."

She can say that stuff with her usual voice, even tho I'm not surprised by her other personality, the ease with which it changes from one to another amazes me.

Kushida: "Anyway, Ayanokouji-san,  past questions are past questions, right? This year'stest may be completely unrelated."

Kiyone: "The problems may not be exactly the same, but there will definitely be some similarities.The last mock exam gave me that hint." 

Kushida: "Hint?"

(skipping this, since it's the same that in the light novel)

681 words
11/may/2021

Any other scene you're interested in? You can comment it!

Thanks for reading!