Grip Test

Note: I wanted to update again hehe~

There was a lot to do before the sports festival. Our physical education classes would be free periods from here on out, granting students permission to practice however they wanted to.

Hirata submitted a request to the school and obtained a device for measuring grip strength, which he brought to our P.E. period the next day. The boys went first, and after them was our turn.

Horikita: "Everyone is here." she mutters "Let's start alphabetically. Me and Kushida-san will record the results."

Kikyo approaches to me and hands me the grip measurer. Not being sure about what to do, I decide to ask Horikita. It's not like I don't know how to use one of these. I'd used grip strength measurement devices hundreds of times before, but never once had I heard the average for people my age. I only had my own personal records.

Kiyone: "Hey, Horikita. What do you think the average would be for a high school female student?" I ask.

Horikita: "Huh? I think the average is..." she stops for a moment, thinking of it. But the look on her face worry me, I don't know what's she planning "...around 85kg." she answer confidently.

Kiyone: "Around 85, huh?"

I go back with Kikyo and start.

I grip the lever, slowly applying force. Once I pass 65, I start to make a minute adjustments to my grip strength. Once I pass 80, I further adjusted my grip, and once my grip strength reached slightly over 86, I stopped adding any more force.

Kiyone: "That's it. I can't go any further."

Kikyo gets closer to see the result and looks stunned.

Kushida: "E-Eighty six?! How are you that strong?!" she screams and everyone looks at us.

Kiyone: "Huh? Wait, isn't that around average?"

Kushida: "Average is way lower than that! Maybe around twenty nine!" she screams.

I stare at Horikita, who looks surprised and is smugly smiling.

Shinohara: "The device surely is broken. Boys used it before us after all. All of them are monke." she says not believing my results "Hand it to me. Heh, maybe I'll get 85 too." she laughs.

But her results were 24. The girls start whispering about my strength and I give Horikita a look of "help me here or get ready to Class E".

Seeming to understand what I conveyed, she approaches.

Horikita: "Actually, she once told me she used to do climbing, so it's no surprise that her grip strength is that far."

Most of my classmates, specially Horikitards, agree with her and start to compliment me. The ones with doubtful faces are Matsushita, Karuizawa and Kikyo.

Kiyone: "I see, so 85 is high..." 

It was my fault to trust Horikita, but now she's doomed. No matter what will Ryuuen do, I'll just interfer in the last moment.

*****timeskip*****

Later when we found the results of the boys I ended up higher than even Sudo. He didn't believe it and challenged me. I had to accept and almost lose, but end up winning. Of course I hold back, but if I holded back too much, they'd suspect. Now I'm labelled as the strongest in Class D :(

----- wanna see the draft of this? here you have -----

kiyone ask horikita for average

she says 85

kiyone gets 87

kushida: omaigad owowoo

kiyone: nani?

kushida: average is 29

kiyone looks at horikita who is smugly smiling

kiyone: now you'll bow to dragonboy-chan >:(

---------------------------------------------

600 words
18/jun/2021

I had something to say, but I forgot.

Any other scene you're interested in? You can comment it!

Thanks for reading!